Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

rebo9520 t1_j2f9gj7 wrote

The more that I think about it the more I think that Pearl Harbor and wounded knee are very similar. A surprise attack by a military of a nation just showed up and attacked another nation.

−13

AskingAndQuestioning t1_j2f9k1j wrote

You’re trying way, way too hard for something that is entirely irrelevant to this situation. Go somewhere else.

rebo9520 t1_j2fa2qu wrote

Lol at telling me to go somewhere else, your username is “askingandquestioning” obviously a misnomer.

−5

AskingAndQuestioning t1_j2fajqo wrote

I questioned your logic, researched very briefly about the most fatal us military battle, confirmed Pearl Harbor wasn’t a deadly masa shooting, and answered your brilliant questions. Explain the misnomer to me? Quite the “nou”, my friend.

rebo9520 t1_j2fay7m wrote

My friend, I am merely pointing out that calling wounded knee a “mass shooting” leads to every battle ever on us soil being a mass shooting. Therefor either wounded knee isn’t a mass shooting or if it is it isn’t the most deadly. Pearl Harbor is just a good comparison for wounded knee because it wasn’t a battle planned for by both sides and the countries weren’t at war yet.

−1

AskingAndQuestioning t1_j2fbvzr wrote

Calling Wounded Knee a “battle” is where you’re mistaken. And while we weren’t “at-war” on paper with Japan before Pearl Harbor, we were funding the Allies (hence the attack). Saying we weren’t“in a war” before Pearl Harbor is like saying the Cold War wasn’t a war.