Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

SummitCO83 t1_j28mwp9 wrote

So let’s get back to the stage of forced lockdowns so people can riot and such, sounds like a smart choice jackass. 🤦‍♂️

Edit: If untested infected people come in to the country and infect residents IT SPREADS AGAIN, if it spreads again lockdowns are put in place. Not having people required to have a negative test is stupid. What are you not picking up about this? I’m calling the PM a jackass and responding to the title OF THE POST stating no negative tests required.

−24

keznaa t1_j28naec wrote

>So let’s get back to the stage of forced lockdowns so people can riot and such, sounds like a smart choice jackass. 🤦‍♂️

That's literally not what this article is about. If you wanna avoid lock downs, then require people to test before coming into the country just like many countries including Australia have been doing the past 3ish years. Especially from China where people are dying in the street from covid right now because of how contagious and deadly these new strains are.

SummitCO83 t1_j28ngu7 wrote

If you are frivolous with this it spreads out of control again hints lockdowns hints people losing their shit hints riots. Was that not clear to you?

Edit: I’m being downvoted because the headline says “Australia will NOT require negative tests” and I’m saying that’s stupid. What is wrong with you people? That makes zero sense

−13

keznaa t1_j28okic wrote

>If you are frivolous with this it spreads out of control again hints lockdowns hints people losing their shit hints riots. Was that not clear to you?

What are you talking about? if they required international travelers to tests negative before entering the country, then obviously that would help keep the spread of covid down. Which would help avoid needing to lock down again if they can preemptively stop a huge wave from happening there. They had this travel requirement before so it's not a new concept to them.

SummitCO83 t1_j2911v4 wrote

The headline straight up says Australia will NOT require negative tests and I’m saying that’s stupid. What’s the issue here

Bobinct t1_j293uca wrote

Guess I wasn't the only who thought you were against requiring negative test proof.

The first poster seemed to be saying required or not travelers should do it anyway and voluntarily not travel while infected.

SummitCO83 t1_j2948lg wrote

I was responding to the title of the post….

keznaa t1_j2a36oq wrote

>So let’s get back to the stage of forced lockdowns so people can riot and such, sounds like a smart choice jackass. 🤦‍♂️

Oh okay, you replied to me directly so it sounded like you were disagreeing with what I said and suggesting that if they did travel requirements then that would lead to lockdowns and calling me a jackass. That's why people were downvoting you. If you were replying to the OP, then you should have made that more clear and not posted under a comment but created a stand alone comment instead. So if you read it in the context of it just bring a reply to a comment, you can probably see why people thought that.

RaisuCaku t1_j28s4p9 wrote

you sound like the jackass here, bud

SummitCO83 t1_j294dpj wrote

For saying it’s stupid to NOT require a negative test? How the hell does that make any sense?

−3

Abject_Ad_14 t1_j28on25 wrote

Testing incoming traveler is not lockdown…

SummitCO83 t1_j294m54 wrote

If untested infected people come in to the country and infect residents IT SPREADS AGAIN, if it spreads again lockdowns are put in place. Not having people required to have a negative test is stupid. What are you not picking up about this?