Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

keyser-_-soze t1_j223sm2 wrote

Yeah this is definitely one of the best handled tragedy adjacent situations by her.

I say tragedy adjacent because it wasn't her fault or the production company's fault. That's something like this happened. It was a person who blew themselves up. Like would we blame the Boston Marathon organizers?

And handled.l, I don't mean like manufactured or fake.. I mean like her team and herself are doing a good job of highlighting how somebody at her level "gets through" mental health issues, and just maybe some of her fans see that, "oh somebody with "everything" also gets depressed and has mental health issues" While also doing great things for the town.

besuited t1_j2361cz wrote

Your first phrase suggests she has been involved in a lot of different tragedy adjacent situations, and this one is one she is dealing well with, but there are others she has dealt with even better.

chrisdurand t1_j236gm0 wrote

I think they were saying that there are other incidents where bands are near to tragedies and don't do nearly as much, whereas Ariana has been consistently propping Manchester up since it happened, even though she had no obligation to go out of her way.

BusbyBusby t1_j23aa7v wrote

>I think they were saying that there are other incidents where bands are near to tragedies and don't do nearly as much

Travis Scott's Astroworld stampede would be a good example.

keyser-_-soze t1_j23dfus wrote

This was the initial one I was thinking of. Then I remember a few where the stage collapsed.

besuited t1_j237szw wrote

I was purely pointing out the grammar as it amused me, the addition of "by her" at the end, rather than "by any celebrity", suggests a pool of other incidents. I totally understood the point and agree with both you and him.

keyser-_-soze t1_j23d6aj wrote

Lol all good :)

I thought it sounded a little off, but thought it was good enough.