Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

swizzlemc2pots t1_j67vlly wrote

Go be a travel nurse. $6000/week for some contracts

−5

IMMARUNNER t1_j681b8g wrote

Or realize that full time staff nurses are the glue and holding everything together and make a very small fraction of that.

I was one of the only full time staff nurses on my unit. One night I looked at the board and I was working with all travel nurses and had to pick up their slack since most didn’t know how to do things at my hospital. I realized I was a clown for doing their work while making wayyyy less money and decided to quit. A few others did the same and my unit is 100% travel nurses at night.

Hospitals can’t function long term with this many travel nurses. Not because of the pay, but because of the knowledge. Some are great, but some don’t give a fuck and will just move to another hospital if they are reprimanded for not doing their job

Sorry if your loved one is staying there overnight, they aren’t getting good care at all and it will only continue because uneducated people like you try to spread around that everything is okay 🤷‍♂️

asdaaaaaaaa t1_j68b3m2 wrote

You realize that doesn't solve the problem, right? That just makes it worse.

Professional-Tie-324 t1_j69vgqe wrote

Exactly.

Travel nurses wonderful people who they may be no absolutely nothing about the policies procedures and practices you need to the hospital they've just arrived at, Many hospitals are quite large and they don't know where anything is.

There is a difference between a travel nurse and someone who has worked in the hospital for 25 years and knows how to do absolutely everything and knows where everything is and has excellent working relationships with all the other staff.

Travel nurses are the equivalent of throwing an army together out of people in a week who've never seen each other before and expecting them to be effective. There's a reason military units train together for years. And there's a reason people who've trained together and work together for years are far more effective than the way bean counters think of people which is just an employee number that is replaceable and just like any other employee number.

That is something that gated community wealthy ceos who don't even know any of the people who work for them except for the top handful and Bean counters don't understand but stand and swear just isn't true.

But you ask any human going back 15000 years whether or not it is valuable to know your community and be a part of your community and then show that data to the d*** CEO's and bean counters