Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

Chi1lip3ppers t1_j6om65n wrote

You’d be surprised how many inept people are in important positions due to political connections. One of the DA’s in our area is maybe the worst attorney in the whole district but she was just hired as a DA because of who her husband is.

I could totally see her fucking up a case like this. Nothing political other than her having a job she has no business having, which is probably the case here.

I work in court

madhi19 t1_j6ovi59 wrote

If you want to look at who deliberately tanked that case you just ask who assigned it to somebody clearly incompetent to run it? Every organization has disposable stooges to throw away when the shit hit the fan. Somebody that you can reliably count on the fuck up even the smallest task. You want a project to die, put that guy in charge.

Chi1lip3ppers t1_j6p90ji wrote

Not everything’s a conspiracy theory man. Yes, it fits the narrative better if the fix was in, but that’s highly unlikely to be what actually took place.

Not saying stuff like this doesn’t happen, but I almost 100% guarantee you nobody cares about this detective in the DAs office. Certainly not enough to throw one of their own peoples career away over it.

joemeteorite8 t1_j6orj3p wrote

Is her husband a cop by chance? I want to say you’re in my district but I’m sure this happens everywhere

−2