Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

SimmaDownNa t1_j6ovaoy wrote

You'll have a tough time convincing me that these repeated failures by career prosecutors were simply negligence, but I welcome you to try to make your case, rather than simply making an assertion.

shogi_x t1_j6p1swc wrote

Did you even read the story? They intentionally withheld this evidence because it would have helped the defense.

>Some of the withheld evidence included videos from surveillance footage, memos from investigators, communications between prosecutors and cellphones from people arrested after Mr. Franco identified them as drug dealers, Mr. Tanner said in an interview. He described the evidence as “potentially exculpatory.”

>Mr. Tanner said that prosecutors in court blamed their failure to turn over evidence on “gross negligence,” but said that he did not trust that their actions had not been willful.

They did it to win the case, not lose. And when they got caught, they said "oops, it was an accident".

[deleted] t1_j6p2r8y wrote

[deleted]

−10

shogi_x t1_j6p44gb wrote

So your theory is that prosecutors intentionally withheld evidence that would have helped the defense win the case but the double secret plan was actually to get caught doing that in order to help the defense win the case?

madhi19 t1_j6owix5 wrote

Oh no I don't claim it is. You want to ask other questions. Why was somebody clearly incompetent assigned to this case? Who did that? That's the real fix here.

−1

sb_747 t1_j6p4l8n wrote

It wasn’t incompetence. It was corruption.

Just corruption to convict him not exonerate him.

You can much more subtly tank a case than this if that was the goal.

SimmaDownNa t1_j6oxo8e wrote

It's absolutely comical levels of "incompetence." I don't buy it.

madhi19 t1_j6oyr35 wrote

I bet whoever assigned the case expected her to fuck up, and lose. Just probably not to that level.

−4