Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

SparkleWigglebutt t1_jdvp17u wrote

I saw a girl talking about how some things are never spoken of, and then white settlers come here, commit genocide, then have the audacity to say things that shouldn't even be thought of out loud and then wonder why things are going to shit. I'm glad you're safe and we're not speaking of them. Maybe it was luck, maybe it was respect shown that came back as a blessing.

OrganlcManIc t1_jdy9a8d wrote

Does saying the names of thow who shalt not be named allow them the energy to thrive?

SparkleWigglebutt t1_jdyhed5 wrote

They thrive on negative energy, on fear, sadness, loneliness, hate. Even thinking about them empowers them, and saying it draws them to you.

OrganlcManIc t1_je4ik8h wrote

Would not then by that logic, being afraid to say the name give power above that of just thinking a thought about them?

SparkleWigglebutt t1_je4v0a8 wrote

That's a great idea, but because I explained it poorly. They exist as beings of evil. Saying their name calls them to you, it doesn't weaken them. I guess an analogy would be if a lion or a shark were nearby and you cut yourself, made noise, shouted, or otherwise drew attention to yourself. The best way to survive a predator attack isn't pluck and moxie--it's to not be attacked.

Unless we can change the hearts of men to never fear, hate, or rage then some things will exist; love, kindness, and braveryis the way to stop such things, but not on an individual level. To use the predator analogy before, we would have to remove the ocean or the savannah. In the meantime, run and hide and try not to call attention to yourself.

OrganlcManIc t1_je92whw wrote

Ah yes. I resonate with that.

Oh to change the hearts and minds of man…