Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

Rumbleroarrr t1_iu0ayhs wrote

Interesting she only mentioned Jack once Max learned about Jack…

Blizzzzz t1_iu17hhl wrote

I was thinking that it's likely that this entity can hear what people say in the houses. So it can't just know everything about people but instead thinks of ways to lure people out based on what it hears

FireflyArc t1_iu0fr8r wrote

Im wondering if he's the source maybe. Maybe not but it's cool how serious the town takes it like a better version of the town from IT

Picurs t1_iu0iqll wrote

Maybe him having done the "one knock" in a door in the past made him part of "them" too somehow. Like he partook in their ritual and now he's a little bit of us and a little bit of them.

koentus t1_iu3yydt wrote

This could be potential explanation for how he became paralyzed just when she needed him most. Entity didn't want him to interfere.

TrailMomKat t1_iu1xe5w wrote

Yeah, but it was happening well before Max was even born, since his grandpa told him stories from the old days

Princesskhalifa89 t1_iu23hda wrote

I thought the same. Like perhaps Max has more to do with this than either of them know..or at least more than she knows. It wouldn’t really make sense for Max to stay the night and attack if he knew though. I sense a sequel.

MissionCreeper t1_iu3y1kd wrote

Maybe it isn't just Max, but it's anyone in town who has the knowledge about the person they're trying to mimic. So in other houses it could be different people paralyzed getting their memories sucked out.

JestTanya t1_iu3d7x5 wrote

Or until she mentioned Jack out loud— or maybe even until she started thinking about Jack.