Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

Self-Aware t1_isx3mw1 wrote

I'll happily look after the kitties, OP. And I wouldn't blame the cats for acting like cats.

Matt was openly cruel to them, I'm sorry he let you down so badly. I can't believe he didn't check on poor Wilfred after he KICKED him! To throw a tantrum about Butters accidentally biting him too, when it was his fault the poor baby was so hungry for his treats, and even having the audacity to then withdraw basic care as a punishment?? Psycho behaviour, I swear. Being late to work ONCE wouldn't have hurt, and there's no excuse for deliberately neglecting the animals for which he was responsible.

Plus, if Juney and the others would be ok with it and you did hire me, I'd be happy to put some of the special treats just inside the basement door too. Just so Juney doesn't feel too left out while you're away. I imagine you've a plentiful supply of treats laid in now!

maohvixen t1_isxkgnp wrote

Even if he couldn't be late I see no reason he couldn't have gone back to the house after work to get those pets in and the couple minutes it takes to handfeed Butters five treats won't make any major difference in how late he might be. SMH such a terrible pet sitter.

Bright_Blue_Bell t1_isy83wt wrote

Right? I was literally thinking how he had to rush in the morning made sense, weve all ran late before, but there is no excuse to not come back. He could explain to the cats he'll be hand feeding the treats that morning and come for pets after work, which I would do anyhow honestly just because it helps you avoid mornings like that. He could have even negotiated an extra hour of pets to make up for it so everyone wins

Self-Aware t1_it29wgi wrote

Exactly! And then the cats wouldn't have been so upset.

taylor212834 t1_isztkxq wrote

That was not his fault........the cat hit him tf you want him to do?

−12

maohvixen t1_it05enn wrote

If you're trying to say it's not his fault he kicked Wilfred I suggest rereading that section of the post. He might have done it accidentally, but he shouldn't really have been running through the house anyways even if he wanted to clean his shoes asap. The thirty seconds he would've saved won't change much and it's a tripping risk (or a cat kicking one). Also asking what is wanted of him is if you kick a cat hard enough to fling said cat into a wall it's common decency to stop and make sure it's okay. That can severely injure the poor cat, but he decided his shoes were more important than a pet he himself had personally agreed to take care of. I'd say it's 100% his own fault. The cat didn't hit a running person, so much as he hit it.

taylor212834 t1_it08ike wrote

He doesn't deserve to die for that shit lol like you cats get in the way all the time I routinely run into my cats like "oh fuck why are you right there" they run and follow behind me of course I make sure they're OK but that doesn't mean I should die l yall wild

−6

maohvixen t1_it0a5uh wrote

No one said he should die, we called him cruel for neglecting the cats and potentially injuring one and then deciding to quit taking care of the cats entirely deciding to only show up to grab his shoes without informing their owner of his intent to no longer feed or care for her pets. I'd say what he did was cruel and while he didn't necessarily deserve death it was an unfortunate consequence of not following the rules set out which he had agreed to. These rules exist for a reason.

HatRabies t1_it5oe8p wrote

You're not wrong. But everyone here is gonna take the cats side because nosleep is a little weird.

taylor212834 t1_it5xqjh wrote

Right that's wild they think tripping over an animal is even close to an acceptable penance for death

taylor212834 t1_it5xuyt wrote

Right that's wild they think tripping over an animal is even close to an acceptable penance for death

HatRabies t1_it61rgw wrote

Yeah I mean I love my cat to death but my eyes suck so I trip over that little baby somewhat frequently. She gets an apology and headpats.

Here's hoping she isn't plotting to murder me for tripping on her accidentally.