Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

Orange__Moon t1_izftz9r wrote

"Under blue moon, I saw you So soon you'll take me Up in your arms, too late to beg you Or cancel it, though I know it must be The killing time Unwillingly mine

Fate Up against your will Through the thick and thin He will wait until You give yourself to him

In starlit nights, I saw you So cruelly, you kissed me Your lips, a magic world Your sky, all hung with jewels The killing moon Will come too soon"

Your story and mother's last song made me think of the Killing Moon by Echo and the Bunnymen. One of my favorite songs. Was your mother's invisible visitor Death? Why would she want him to visit you? Hopefully it's something or someone whose visit will be less permanent. Terrifying either way.

barry_thisbone OP t1_izfxara wrote

Love that song!

And I've been wondering that too. I'm glad she was at peace in the end, but I'm not ready to go. Maybe she just wants our family to be together again.

amyss t1_izhj34a wrote

An amazing connection… ever since I was little songs made words and notes so exponentially MORE than they were without singing,my whole life has been music

My condolences OP, amazing story