Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

AbstractButtonGroup t1_jac95hn wrote

> she should legally be ordered to

Spend some time in prison and pay a hefty compensation, same as anyone who deliberately inflicts a permanent injury that severely affects quality of life of the victim.

AtLeastThisIsntImgur t1_jacnjyk wrote

He tried to rape her and she cut his dick off.

Omnizoom t1_jaczs43 wrote

Tried to blackmail her not rape her , you can’t call everything rape , dudes still a complete dick , well an incomplete dick now

−13

PlauntieM t1_jad772k wrote

Coercing someone into sex is rape regardless of how physically "harmless" the coercion is.

Rape is usually comitted by someone the victim knows and trusted who uses their power over and/or intimate access to the victim. Like this guy did by using the intimate video he had of her to threaten her. Not all rape is done in some dangerous back alley by goons, most rape isn't. Being physically overpowered or violently attacked isn't a requirement for something to be considered "rape".

In this situation he was trying to coerce her into having sex after she already said no (i.e. he didn't accept her "no" and is threatening her into giving into him raping her) by threatening her privacy and reputation, not with physical violence. This is absolutely still rape since she already said no and he's threatening her.

Rape doesn't have to be a physically violent attack to be considered "rape", many victims freeze or fawn or comply and "let it happen" to protect themselves from seemingly worse harm. Not physically fighting back is still not consent.

Inner-Figure5047 t1_jad8hll wrote

I don't have an award for you, I'm one of the poor's. Please accept this string of emojis showing my appreciation for your comment:

🍆🍑🧑‍🏫💐

AlvinAssassin17 t1_jadcmwt wrote

Uh if you blackmail someone to have sex with you that’s rape.

Omnizoom t1_jaddkbk wrote

Not by the definition which requires intercourse

It’s not like he was standing over her with his pants down and she cut it off , he threatened her she stood her ground he backed off , she grabbed a weapon and followed him to the shower and attacked him

Dudes an ass but she also had the opportunity to just leave and chose to mutilate him , if it was a man mutilating a woman would you be so kind to them ?

−7

AlvinAssassin17 t1_jaddqbo wrote

Ugh. I was saying if you blackmail someone and they have sex with you through coercion that’s rape. What he did was attempted rape. Sorry I didn’t clarify.

Omnizoom t1_jaecpeh wrote

Ya attempted rape at best but he didn’t physical rape her , as someone who was SA it bothers me when people call everything rape

BlissfulAurora t1_jackhxf wrote

I mean, he tried black mailing her into having sex because she said no. Dude isn’t a saint and I doubt it’s the first time it’s happened

Realistically I don’t even know if she’ll get charged

[deleted] t1_jactalq wrote

[removed]

AutoModerator t1_jactan2 wrote

Sorry, but your account is too new to post. Your account needs to be either 2 weeks old or have at least 250 combined link and comment karma. Don't modmail us about this, just wait it out or get more karma.

I am a bot, and this action was performed automatically. Please contact the moderators of this subreddit if you have any questions or concerns.

TheWeirdByproduct t1_jacrvku wrote

Extrajudicial torture and mutilation is not an acceptable response for threats. Both his and her actions must be investigated but it's easy to see how one is worse than the other.

It's like if my abusive gf threatened to say I raped her if I leave, and I rip her womb out in response. I'd clearly be the one in the wrong(er).

−9

Omnizoom t1_jaczxh4 wrote

Ya but that’s mutilating a woman , this is mutilating a man , people will literally not view that as “even”

−3

TheWeirdByproduct t1_jad6ukz wrote

Yes, powerful misandrist vibes around. You can see it when they joke about prison rape but only about men, when they argue whether mutilation or other violent retribution was deserved/understandable but only for men, and pretty much whenever violence and punishment are brought up.

For some reason, men seem to be considered more inherently guilty and deserving of punishment, even when their guilt is the same; an obnoxious loon on the metro deserves to be punched, but only when they're a man.

It's a sexist double standard as it makes it easy to imagine a situation where a man deserves to be punished with violence, but hard to imagine a situation where a woman does.

−7