Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

blahbleh112233 t1_j8wrvv4 wrote

Of course its a white woman that said it

PJJefferson t1_j916djv wrote

Exactly what I commented.

In fact, I commented this:

“Another privileged, self hating, self flagellating, insufferable, super woke, white woman from the very far left.

I know I already typed the word “insufferable”, but I have to type it again.

Insufferable.“

−9

rood_sandstorm t1_j8xc9t2 wrote

Who else could get away with it

−39

onioning t1_j8xyo3y wrote

We're literally in a thread about how she didn't get away with it.

Thelona05mustang t1_j8yo4wt wrote

You just go through life putting square pegs into round holes don't you?

TheDeftEft t1_j8x02m4 wrote

While she never should have put herself in the position of needing to make it, I appreciate that her apology is big words for "I didn't know what the fuck I was talking about.'

ralanr t1_j8yaleg wrote

That’s honestly the takeaway I’m happy with. Annoyed that it happened, glad she didn’t double down.

artful_nails t1_j90i2ah wrote

She admitted that she was wrong and didn't even soften the blow. That's way too rare these days.

BathFullOfDucks t1_j8x847a wrote

The US envoy to Afghanistan being so self absorbed in whatever batshittery is going on in the US that week seems right on trend for their relationship with Afghanistan tbh

nonlawyer t1_j8xc7x2 wrote

When I saw a screenshot of this tweet circulating I was certain it had to be faked because no one could possibly be this dumb and tone deaf

Beyond parody

RockAvalanche t1_j8y4wms wrote

Taliban is just not woke enough

artful_nails t1_j90i6rk wrote

No, Taliban believes in a non-christian religion, of course it's woke.

No_Carpet7125 t1_j8x4mgj wrote

We aren't sending our best to Afghanistan.

Substantial-Title-39 t1_j8x57d3 wrote

I’m sure the people of Afghanistan will be desperately calling for this apology, right after they receive the one for the US invasion that replaced the taliban with the tailban.

tennesseewaltz t1_j9079ty wrote

What is black girl magic?

PJJefferson t1_j916gwz wrote

It’s a thing white women say when they feel guilty about their feelings of privilege.

TheRealJulesAMJ t1_j95lkmj wrote

And for those who need to hear it because a lifetime of neoliberal propaganda has them thinking caring for themselves is self indulgent because if it's not comodifiable and marketable it's a waste of your time

Audre Lorde: “Caring for myself is not self-indulgence, it is self-preservation, and that is an act of political warfare.”

And just in case we still have doubters, here's how Ralph Waldo Emerson put it “To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment.”

Now please go forth and work on the greatest accomplishment/ act of political warfare of your life. Be the human magic we all need to truly be free within ourselves, remind people it's possible by being the change we need and wish to see in the world

spudmarsupial t1_j9a4p8o wrote

Funny. I keep hearing people declare that conservative attitudes are neoliberal or woke.

TheRealJulesAMJ t1_j9a615q wrote

Well neoliberal makes sense seeing as

ne·o·lib·er·al·ism: noun a political approach that favors free-market capitalism, deregulation, and reduction in government spending.

Which sounds about right ... wing in America

But woke? That dog don't hunt monsignor. Woke is counter mainstream which they've been trying to conserve since before the 50s. Im interested to hear what people think is woke that conservatives are doing, please tell me

SelectiveSanity t1_j8y2jcs wrote

Did she honestly think Afghanistan was in Africa? I mean I know most Americans suck at geography but we learn pretty quickly about a new country once we start bombing it.

BelieveInRollins t1_j8xtp80 wrote

ok at first glance I was convinced that this was fake because there is no way someone would actually say it but yup, someone did, jfc

PJJefferson t1_j912uiz wrote

Another privileged, self hating, self flagellating, insufferable, super woke, white woman from the very far left.

I know I already typed the word “insufferable”, but I have to type it again.

Insufferable.

crispy_attic t1_j91469b wrote

> Afghanistan’s economy is now on the brink of collapse, with millions unemployed and close to starvation — a dire humanitarian crisis exacerbated by a bitter winter.

This is a much bigger issue and I don’t understand why it isn’t getting more attention.

ultramatt1 t1_j8yih6y wrote

The right sentiment was there but wow what a miss

−2

Beepersteen t1_j8xa046 wrote

What they actually need is "black ops magic". Nothing would do more for women's rights in Afghanistan than whacking Taliban leaders.

−8

Gumby621 t1_j8xdrvf wrote

We did that for literally 20 years.... Didn't really turn out so great in the end

Hadren-Blackwater t1_j8ygb7c wrote

Carpet bombing is an option.

−10

AtLeastThisIsntImgur t1_j8yyp05 wrote

Maybe women don't like your eyes because you have the cold dead gaze of a man that believes carpet bombing is an option

hesh582 t1_j8yz8pe wrote

That didn't work either, just ask the Soviets.

History may not repeat, but it rhymes, and I'm sure in 10 years this next generation will be coming up with their own version of "Bomb Bomb Bomb, Bomb Bomb Iran" and launching themselves into a ruinous war.

I was really hoping Iraq/Afghanistan would finally put to bed the uniquely US delusion that you can accomplish anything whatsoever with air power alone, but I've been seeing more and more chatter that suggests otherwise. Depressing.

Destructopoo t1_j8xf00l wrote

Yeah true foreign intervention isn't why the Taliban were able to take a whole country.