Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

Ghostbuster_119 t1_j9t9whc wrote

Cops are fucking worthless I swear.

Four times I've had to deal with police and they either do nothing or treat me and my coworkers like the criminals.

Ragnarok_619 t1_j9txywj wrote

Cops are just thugs, but legalized and for the government

AmericanSheep16 t1_j9tz1vs wrote

For the local government. They're not feds, silly goose.

−35

Ragnarok_619 t1_j9tza2l wrote

First off, I am not from Murica, so don't know how's the rule there, but in my country, they are very much part of both the state and union government

reverielagoon1208 t1_j9u8f1w wrote

I do wish our cops in the US were at least state based. It wouldn’t eliminate the problems but it’s is easier to hold accountable when there aren’t thousands of police departments

AmericanSheep16 t1_j9tzk7x wrote

Well they communicate and work with the federal government here, but most police forces here are owned/ran by the city/county they reside in.

−9

KesonaFyren t1_j9u5pzu wrote

The local government is still a government, my dude, and one that has armed thugs.

Nothing he said was wrong, quit making us look self-absorbed

AmericanSheep16 t1_j9u95jl wrote

Theirs a big difference between feds and locals however. Especially when it comes to government. Especially when it comes to the states. They both work for Uncle Sam I suppose, but they usually got different goals in mind.

A local government is more likely to have your best interests in mind as compared to the feds.

And discussing how my country works with people who aren't from here isn't self-absorbed.

−14

KesonaFyren t1_j9ua5l5 wrote

It is self-absorbed when they didn't ask. Nothing you said was wrong either, just irrelevant.

Although....it's usually the local cops that execute unarmed people without trial, not the feds. Feds don't do traffic stops or patrol your neighborhood.

shadow42069129 t1_j9v6ubh wrote

I was chuckling at their use of italics, as if it made their claim better

figgotballs t1_j9ur7ub wrote

That's still the government, ya ninny. Why is he silly for saying something that's not wrong?

thelocker517 t1_j9ueaku wrote

I found 2 wallets at different times. Taking them to the police station was an exercise in stupidity. I was carded and questioned. Nowadays I drop wallets and IDs in a postal drop box.

PooperJackson t1_j9uxovk wrote

I wait 24 hours and take the contents. Sometimes I'm rewarded with Phillies tickets. It's how I get off.

HiddenStoat t1_j9tr0di wrote

> treat me and my coworkers like the criminals.

"I'm an honest businessman, capiche?"