Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

noes16 t1_jbjz0ne wrote

She is the director of "March for Life", and clearly an anti-abortion activist. She is very literally trying to change laws and public opinion.

The zone literally forbids any action and specifically says "verbal means or writings, prayers or advice". People who tape their mouths shut are not activists, according to your definition. You do not have to be loud to be an activist!

Why is the person in question not praying outside the zone? Why is the person not praying in a church?! If they prayed anywhere else it would not be a problem. It's a conscious decision, and an action against the clinic, its employees, and users.

HDSpiele t1_jbkadsd wrote

Taking your mouth shut draw attention. Holding up a blank piece of paper draws attention. If you are standing on a streat with you eyes closed does that draw attention? Honest question if you saw a person on the street with they eyes closed would you even notice? would the cops have known she was praying if they didn't ask? Again if you are protesting you whant to draw attention you whant to be metaphorically loud wich she wasn't. If I stand in a corner in a concentration camp eyes closed would you think I am protesting? If no that why would anybody think she was protesting. From what I know she wasn't even there an unusual amount of time if you stand somewhere for hours that can be a Form of protest. But again she wasn't.