Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

Sputnickky t1_jd3nwel wrote

Was a time when GM vehicles had a metric KPH to MPH conversion switch on the dashboard that read ..and I'm not kidding .. English/Metric.. English ffsakes !

−3

ArenSteele t1_jd48wml wrote

The Imperial System originates from….Imperial England. So Imperial IS the English system. (It’s just that the English one day looked up and said “hey the way the French do this is much better!”

pensezbien t1_jd6n1jt wrote

Love the username! I’m rereading the books now, currently in book 7 of the main series but also working through the other novels and novellas from both authors for the first time.

ArenSteele t1_jd6u53l wrote

It’s actually an Alias I created based on a character from this game I’m probably seriously dating myself. But I assume you are reading the Riftwar books the game was based on? I never read them myself

I’ve used it for online games since EverQuest

pensezbien t1_jd7nsha wrote

I am rereading the Malazan Book of the Fallen series by Steven Erikson. Aren is a city in that world, and weapons made of Aren steel are high quality and hard to break. I was assuming you had just added the “e” to the end of the phrase “Aren steel” to make it sound like a person’s name.