Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

Jairlyn t1_je04wfk wrote

Their point is that if there were many of you in Dublin, this place wouldn’t have failed. Yes there are those who don’t want to drink like you lost but are there enough to make a successful business?

Calamitous_Stars t1_je05qvg wrote

There are a lot of businesses that don't serve alcohol though...?

keyserv t1_je0aagx wrote

Yes and they usually have some other service or product to sell. That much should be obvious.

A person that doesn't drink alcohol can still definitely go to a bar.

Calamitous_Stars t1_je0hx94 wrote

That wasn't a part of the question i was replying to..

They had asked whether or not there were enough people who don't drink at every location they shop at to justify a business not serving alcohol..

To which my answer was a reminder that many non-alcohol related businesses do in fact exist and many are quite profitable.

IOW: pedantry for the sake of a mildly amusing loophole in grammar.

−12

Jairlyn t1_je1n435 wrote

No I absolutely wasn’t talking about every location people shop in any type of business. We are talking only about alcohol free bars. The rest of us understood that just fine.

Calamitous_Stars t1_je1npl1 wrote

That was the joke... do you not understand what "pedantry for humor" means??

My question is: why does this topic have your panties in a knot?

Gotta turn off notifications for reddit- I forgot how prickly y'all are. Life's more enjoyable if you learn how to relax. The people who got the joke laughed, you don't gotta get mad about it.

−7

Jairlyn t1_je21fia wrote

Ah yes the popular “it was just a prank bro” defense followed up with the equally popular acquisition that I am emotionally out of control.

Calamitous_Stars t1_je22co4 wrote

If you say so- my first reply after my joke mentioned how it was a joke and what i found funny, but reading too hard, i understand.

Why are you this sensitive? Look at my first Response in this thread. The people who understood the joke laughed(or at least did that slight smile with a sharp nose exhale). Just because you didnt get it, doesnt mean it wasnt there. You could just be an alcoholic.

Like you're trying to argue, but I keep telling you there's no argument to be had and you still dont get it.. like it's oddly personal for you somehow?

−5

Jairlyn t1_je1m8ri wrote

Nobody is denying that there are businesses that don’t serve alcohol.

ThatsMrDickfaceToYou t1_je238oa wrote

No, it would still fail. Drinkers buy 4-15 drinks a night. No one’s dropping $50 on non-alcoholic drinks.