Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

ramriot t1_iv43gz7 wrote

I don't doubt it.

I got a bus lane fine once (private company OBO council) , the lane started under an unlit railway bridge with an unlit warning sign. There was a prior warning sign further up the road but before the side road I turned into the main road from.

I wrote this all into my reply because no way I'm paying for that.

Ended up needing to write three more times as they kept referring it upwards.

My 3rd letter was supposed to be forwarded by them to the independent adjudicator & on this letter I added a post script to the effect that I will be copying all prior correspondence to the local MP who was collecting reports of such abuses.

Got a reply in under a week, to the effect that "since such considerable time has passed since the original infraction, they would be dropping the infraction".

I still passed on the letters & last I heard the company lost their contract & something like £45,000 in fines were returned.

Hungry_Treacle3376 t1_iv4l0dn wrote

Good on you! Most people will say "oh, they made it right so I'm not going to report them" because they're only thinking about themselves. But you went out of your way to do the right thing and might have helped those people get that money back. I love to see it.