Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

ShadowDragon8685 t1_iy0obsd wrote

One of those is not like the others. It is medically impossible to overdose on one of them.

−3

Avery_Thorn t1_iy0teft wrote

There are a few people who are allergic (as in anaphylactic shock deadly allergic) to it though… It is fairly rare but not unheard of.

demonzanth t1_iy150rz wrote

Some people are allergic to protein. As in, deadly allergic. To meat.

big_sugi t1_iy1w0ne wrote

The Lone Star tick can create allergies to nonprimate mammalian meat and leather. So i guess monkey stew and roast Long pig are still on the menu?

Queen_Cheetah t1_iy27bos wrote

Wait, non-primate mammalian meat?! Who the heck figured that out, how, and WHY?!

big_sugi t1_iy281r2 wrote

Beats me; I thought it was just beef and bovine leather. But Wikipedia says what I repeated.

ShadowDragon8685 t1_iy1sa4c wrote

This is true, but we don't classify peanuts and tree nuts as, let me check here, a Schedule 1 drug, which, let me check the DEA here...

> has a high potential for abuse, no currently accepted medical use in treatment in the United States, and a lack of accepted safety for use under medical supervision.

All of which statements are either blatantly false in the absurd, I mean "two plus three equals thirteen, also the sky is neon-green and water is the driest substance known to mankind" false, or are misleading in that the exact same statement applies to alcohol and tobacco.