Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

johnsciarrino t1_j6xjw98 wrote

Joey Il Bacco is no more tied to the mob than any italian restaurant owner in queens. Mobsters have to eat somewhere and the restaurant owner has to cater to them when they get there because they usually spend big money and throw big tips around.

Infinitely more interesting than any organized crime ties is the fact that Il Bacco is ALSO the place that hosted the Republican Christmas party during quarantine in 2020.

https://thehill.com/homenews/state-watch/531264-republican-clubs-indoor-holiday-party-in-queens-goes-viral-for-conga/

sunflowercompass t1_j6xl2rq wrote

Oh... Vicky "Proud Boy" Paladino.

captainktainer t1_j6xx3yo wrote

You know, between her and Carl "Horse Sex Is Best Sex" Paladino, I'm thinking that maybe all the sane Paladinos are giving the NY Republican party a wide berth.

Pool_Shark t1_j6yc7vh wrote

The best Italian restaurants always have rumors of mob ties. Whether it’s true or not I don’t know or care as long as the food and experience is good

Imhappy_hopeurhappy2 t1_j6xlelj wrote

He must be a warm and convivial host.

johnsciarrino t1_j6xmc8o wrote

i know you're being saracastic but...of course he is. He runs a good restaurant in a good location with good food. My family has been going there for years, hosted my grandfather's 80th birthday there. Unfortunate these GOP skells flock there but i assume their money is still green like anyone else's.

Imhappy_hopeurhappy2 t1_j6xo274 wrote

Not really sarcasm, just a TV reference. His name is similar to chef Artie Bucco, who Tony Soprano described as “a warm and convivial host” to his patrons.

johnsciarrino t1_j6xp16b wrote

lolol. funny enough, i actually thought about Artie Bucco when i was writing my first comment here because Joey Il Bacco really is like Artie but without the childhood friendship with a mob boss. The fact that i missed your quote just means i'm probably due for a rewatch of the show.

lisbonant t1_j6xt4ph wrote

That was actually his blurb in the Zagat guide, and he took it too much to heart, pissing off Tony because he wouldn't stop talking to him during the meal.

solo_dol0 t1_j6yi6e2 wrote

This thread is why Italians want to keep Columbus Day, high volume Italian restaurant? Must be mobbed up!

Let's keep our focus on the liar who lies about everything instead

Paintingmyfreedom t1_j6z27ms wrote

Should we just ignore the fact that high volume Italian restaurants have a strong history of being key components of laundering mob money?

−1

Pillsbury_DholBoy t1_j6z8tcm wrote

Dude who cares? If it the place has good Italian food, I’m going mob connected or not

solo_dol0 t1_j6zivwd wrote

If you’re someone who avoids ethnic stereotypes, then yeah

Paintingmyfreedom t1_j6zj322 wrote

I go to work every day for a mob owned construction company. I live in an ethnic stereotype

gerd50501 t1_j6z1znf wrote

This reminds me of a line in the Sopranos

I have been accused of being a part of an italian American sub culture.

Paintingmyfreedom t1_j6z3kzg wrote

Ya I’m sure 8 of santos meals came out to be exactly the same price. $.01 below the reporting limit. From coincidence and him not facilitating something sketchy.

karmapuhlease t1_j6zbjgn wrote

So, in fairness, they theoretically could just tip up to that limit. Like if it was either a $120 meal or a $135 meal, they could tip so it's $199.99. But obviously not really trying to defend him.