Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

sutisuc t1_j7d2by8 wrote

Yup the person who replied to you did that’s why they knew the numbers of the trains on the green line. Keep doing you

iv2892 t1_j7djg8l wrote

Well when people say the green line they know it’s the 4,5,6 trains . Just like the N, R and W are the yellow lines

Throwawayhelp111521 t1_j7d2qpu wrote

NYC is not Boston. We don't use colors. We use numbers and letters for our subway lines.

−9

seafoodgodddd t1_j7ded3q wrote

So that's why every line is color coded on all the maps, right

Throwawayhelp111521 t1_j7donpw wrote

That's for maps. We don't call our lines by the colors.

−6

seafoodgodddd t1_j7dp3ci wrote

I agree with you there, but they are color coded, even on the entrances and the digital signs

MrFrode t1_j7eb6w4 wrote

We provide colors to help people who have trouble with letters navigate the transit system. People from Boston for example.

Throwawayhelp111521 t1_j7dpbb5 wrote

Yes, but we don't refer to the lines by their colors. That's done in Boston and maybe another city.

seafoodgodddd t1_j7dpivp wrote

Well, yeah, again I agree with you but the underlying point is that there are colors

I never say I'm getting on the orange line uptown but you know i'm talking about the B

MrAnarchy138 t1_j7e5qmo wrote

No one says that. If you say you’re getting on the yellow line you might be in Queens or rich person land. You’re either on an NRW or Q.

[deleted] t1_j7ei0vs wrote

[deleted]

Throwawayhelp111521 t1_j7htbpw wrote

Why would you insist on your right to use incorrect terminology in a place you don't know? I don't. That's the weird hill.

dancetothiscomment t1_j7dargn wrote

We have colored subway lines

MFoy t1_j7dctmt wrote

You have segregated subway systems? Wow.

seafoodgodddd t1_j7deez6 wrote

Hey if the subways wanted rights we'd have seen subway cars on strike

damnatio_memoriae t1_j7dkp7k wrote

subway cars strike people all the time. they just don't tell you about it.

sutisuc t1_j7d2spm wrote

But you knew which numbers of the trains he was talking about so it’s a wash

−3

Throwawayhelp111521 t1_j7dp5b6 wrote

That's not the issue. You use the terms used by the place you're living or visiting. Would you call the Underground in London the Métro?