Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

tuberosum t1_j9gi5jg wrote

I'm not really sure what the point of that article is.

Yeah, shit was bought at a premium, in a hurry, because we had no idea which way things were going to go. Hospitals were running out of supplies and doctors and nurses sported hefty bags instead of disposable scrubs and were asked to "sterilize" and reuse their own disposable masks.

What should have been the right move? Wait and see? I guess that's the implication here, that this was all wasted money that the city could have saved if it only waited and saw how things were going. Except, of course, then The City could have written a nice article about how city leaders knew and could source supplies but waited, choosing to save money, instead saving who knows how many lives.

lantonas t1_j9iposn wrote

SUNY Stony Brook, SUNY Old Westbury, and Westchester County Center all had field hospitals that closed without seeing a single patient.

Total Cost: $320,976,632

nycdataviz t1_j9j7vsv wrote

CorpoMedia: And here's why that's a good thing.

tuberosum t1_j9ji63j wrote

See, if I had your powers of telling the future, I would have probably looked up the lottery numbers...

−1

[deleted] t1_j9i20gg wrote

[deleted]

−1

Anti-ThisBot-IB t1_j9i21l5 wrote

Hey there samlukrec1! If you agree with someone else's comment, please leave an upvote instead of commenting "This"! By upvoting instead, the original comment will be pushed to the top and be more visible to others, which is even better! Thanks! :)

^(I am a bot! Visit) ^(r/InfinityBots) ^(to send your feedback! More info:) ^(Reddiquette)