Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

atyppo t1_j9dprxr wrote

I'd love to know why she needs a team of 40 people protecting her. She's the governor, not a president...

Montauket t1_j9em67a wrote

Thr governor of Michigan was literally targeted to be kidnapped and hanged by a group of far right extremists only like 2 years ago. The only reason it didn’t work was thanks to the FBI.

atyppo t1_j9fhwwj wrote

So in other words, you're saying that her security detail did nothing?

IloveSeaFoood t1_j9ev2j6 wrote

Maybe if public officials weren’t rife with fraud, they wouldn’t need such high security

Politicians should fear their constituents

−4

OilGlittering7034 t1_j9ezq5b wrote

>I'd love to know why she needs a team of 40 people protecting her. She's the governor, not a president...

Especially since she doesn't want average citizens to be able to protect themselves?

Really odd.

"but she's a politician and they get threatened more than an average person"

That's cool, I didn't know that regular citizens are never the victims of violent crime, only politicians are! Learn something new every day. I will now walk around in the most dangerous neighborhoods paying zero attention since I'm not a governor so clearly I don't need protection.

seafoodgodddd t1_j9ibchk wrote

Private Protection goes further than just driving the VIP and standing around, if it’s the full on thing, she’ll have people in rotations at home, transit, work, etc, and that takes a bigger team than you’d probably imagine

spicytoastaficionado t1_j9fsyev wrote

It is a rotating detail of 40 people in total. It is also a pretty coveted spot to get if you're NYSP.

Per the article, a typical security detail includes five people (4 troopers + 1 supervisor).

That is perfectly reasonable for a governor.