Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

AmIBeingInstained t1_jbqajdg wrote

Hire them just like before, but starting over without a culture that’s already been corrupted, and creating accountability to the public.

Do you have a relationship with law enforcement? And do you feel that top brass should be fixing legitimate arrests for their cronies as they did in this case?

Mrmilkymilkster t1_jbqap80 wrote

They should not be fixing cases. We are in agreement, as to where and how you simultaneously fire and then hire 32k people, I think you are in magic land.

−3

AmIBeingInstained t1_jbqatgl wrote

How do we get rid of the culture of corruption?

Mrmilkymilkster t1_jbqaw9t wrote

You tell me. You live in magic land.

−4

AmIBeingInstained t1_jbqbgky wrote

Sounds like you probably work in a corrupt system and prefer it that way.

Mrmilkymilkster t1_jbqbtjn wrote

Great answer.

AmIBeingInstained t1_jbqczjy wrote

I feel like that might have been sincere, so thank you?

Assuming you are a cop, and assuming you don’t personally go around abusing your power, I have a tip for you. People don’t trust you. Because even if you’re not going out using excessive force or helping cronies stay out of trouble, you know other cops who do. And you are either unable to stop them, in which case you’re really not much value in your job, or you’re unwilling, in which case you’re morally unfit for your job. And now you’re arguing online making procedural excuses for why we can’t have accountability. You’re cool with the way things are in your organization, which makes you complicit in the culture of corruption. A few bad apples have already spoiled the whole bunch.

You’d be welcome in magic land if you ever wanted to envision a world where cops are accountable to the people who pay their salaries and whom they’re supposed to protect.

Mrmilkymilkster t1_jbqde7v wrote

I ask you how does a city go about hiring 32k new police while also firing 32k police, you respond with a whataboutism.

Who is training these new police officers?

What are the requirements?

What is the pay?

Who is the new chief?

Who is the new commissioner?

AmIBeingInstained t1_jbqdxl2 wrote

You’re debating how replacing the nypd would work instead of whether it’s necessary because you can’t find a good argument for why the nypd deserves their station in a city they refuse to protect or be accountable to. The work slowdown has spread to your brain.

Mrmilkymilkster t1_jbqft4z wrote

Lol no, I’m debating the practicality of such an idea. And that the idea would do far more harm than good. Anarchy vs corrupt events like this dude not catching a menacing charge, I’ll take the later because anarchy would do far more damage.

AmIBeingInstained t1_jbqk9z2 wrote

But we agree that any cops who abuse their authority, use excessive force, or don’t follow the law themselves should be fired ?

RepresentativeAge444 t1_jbrcfd7 wrote

And to add cops who see other police do these things and don’t report it? But this guy will never straight up address things like this. The most he’ll give is a few bad apples nonsense vs systemic critique because the boot licking is too strong.