Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

borderskitz t1_jcll1jr wrote

No joke, both Prince and Tom Petty died from fentanyl laced pharmaceutical copies. They were sure they were safe.

Skip the powders and the pills and keep the booze and weed to max 2 of each at a time

joeymorris91 t1_jcllyhj wrote

How do these rich and famous people manage to not get legit pharmaceuticals? Seems crazy to me

borderskitz t1_jclmjyv wrote

Unless you pick it up yourself at the pharmacy, you never know what you're getting.

FentCheckNYC t1_jcly657 wrote

LITERALLY this part.

Mac Miller died from pressies as well.

Let's not forget many celebrities use middlemen to acquire their drugs - Rx or otherwise - and like border said - if you didn't pick it up at the pharmacy yourself - you don't *really* actually know.

Then there's the whole level of people knowing the pills are fake/pressies and not actually caring ("I knew the perc was fake but I still ate it cause I'm a gremlin")

If you're gonna use powder and pills - PLEASE test them.

VenetaBirdSong t1_jcm54us wrote

Was it ever confirmed that Tom Petty died from fent-laced pressies? Tox reports state he had multiple drugs in his system, including fentanyl, oxycodone, and various benzos/ssris. But he could’ve had a legit script and just accidentally took too much. It happens. I’d rather not spread misinformation unless it’s 100% certain.

Edit - also, yes. Harm reduction is key. The various non-profits that engage in this throughout the city are doing great work, keep it up!

borderskitz t1_jcm99go wrote

As they're cutting all kinds of drugs with fentanyl, there's no way of knowing how it got him if he was taking multiple drugs.

VenetaBirdSong t1_jcmatub wrote

Exactly my point. To say he died from fent-laced pharmaceutical copies is a specious. There’s no way of knowing. He very well could’ve had a legit fentanyl patch prescribed to him.

borderskitz t1_jcmjc6l wrote

Sure, but so what? Doesn't make taking any pill these days safer.

VenetaBirdSong t1_jcmjzxh wrote

We’re on the same side here. But if you’re going to write something in the first sentence of your first paragraph about two beloved musical heroes who died of ODs, and claim it’s b/c of fent-laced fake pills, I’m going to call BS on that because no one knows the details. I don’t want misinformation spread.

Opioids are bad.