Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

Casamance t1_jcpac62 wrote

Yeah but Hunter gave me a full ride + I liked being in Manhattan despite the torturous commute, probably wouldn't be the same person today if I went to CSI

aceshighsays t1_jd1kuex wrote

did you like hunter? i ended up transfering to SUNY.

Casamance t1_jd1r4cx wrote

Yes, although it was a commuter school, I made an effort to join various clubs like the Fencing club, radio, etc and through those places I met a whole bunch of people who I still talk to today, 6 years after graduating in 2017. If I could go back in time and choose again I would gladly choose Hunter. Don't get me wrong, there were a lot of issues with the school, but all in all I wouldn't be the person that I am today if I didn't go to that particular school in that particular borough (Manhattan)

aceshighsays t1_jd2dxie wrote

i never thought about joining clubs because my commute was so long, and my class schedule was all over the place. i overall struggled to make friends, and the few that i made we didn't keep friendships going because the following semester we wouldn't share classes or have very different schedules. i do wonder now if i lived closer to campus, would i have stayed or still transferred...

with that said, even though my SUNY experience was a lot better (in terms of making and keeping friends), it didn't fundamentally change me.