Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

Overall-Sir845 t1_ittmuoo wrote

shiiittt. my company had a contract cleaning the subway system. we lost the contract so they csn do this. smh. they just canceled it on us early

−4

[deleted] t1_ittx8mp wrote

Your company was doing a shitty job.

UrbanAssault t1_itu496h wrote

MTA hasn't hired cleaners in years the list was short. The contract cleaners was a backhand deal signed by the union during the pandemic. There was a mass exodus of people who retired out of fear of catching COVID. They are starting to hire for every title. Compared to how they did it before with cleaners which was to call people off of a list from a different job.

bklynzboy OP t1_itu2r4q wrote

How was the work overall

UrbanAssault t1_itu4jk1 wrote

The job is different by department if you go Stations vs Car Equipment.

bklynzboy OP t1_ituhgb7 wrote

Dumb question but Do cleaners get drug tested for weed?

UrbanAssault t1_itvbvy8 wrote

i believe they do specially for safety sensitive titles, but random drug test are rare once your a cleaner unless you give them a reason to send you down for one.

No-Mirror4864 t1_iu9kzse wrote

Which is one is more simple? Also what did you mean with your other comment “the list was short”?

UrbanAssault t1_iu9vfh2 wrote

The cleaning is somewhat simple what changes is the work environment depending on dept. Cant really speak on stations but its somewhat self explanatory, Car Equipment your in a maintenance shop/yard or at a terminal station. When I was hired there were just under 900 cleaners, I think they've hired up to 12XX.