Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

ItsIdaho t1_irs051q wrote

God I hope this is not some sort of wicked scam.

​

My only concern is: "Why no (real) cat picture?"

bejoyful-s OP t1_irs0g01 wrote

My guess is so the owner can give an accurate description to make sure no one is trying to claim a cat that’s not theirs!

ls3095 t1_irt6nyr wrote

I thought this too… thought the ad was a great idea so some nut just doesn’t call and take the cat because it looked like a nice cat or something

Cremedela t1_irs0e8s wrote

So the person calling has to describe what the cat looks like as a way of proving it’s their lost cat.

SilenceDooDooGood t1_irs8jjf wrote

Whoever posted this should bring the cat into a vet so if it's chipped they can notify the owner. Most cats now have chips.

aak241 t1_irsf9ey wrote

Does that poster above say “motherhood” is female enslavement

apl_ee t1_irsfycj wrote

Well it's about abortion rights, I'm going to guess above motherhood its "forced" or something otherwise yeah that is a wild claim.

aak241 t1_irsgfow wrote

Lol based, I like the spicy take. It draws your attention, I don’t even care about the clip art cat (that’s definitely a scam) when there’s talk of female enslavement on the table. Great poster

−7

T1METR4VEL t1_irs0f8e wrote

Really should say something specific about cat. Very very fishy.

bejoyful-s OP t1_irs0lvb wrote

Possibly, but what would the person who posted this have to gain? If someone lost a cat in the area they would be able to give an accurate description and/or picture

T1METR4VEL t1_irs112b wrote

Any number of scams. Getting information of some kind or another, if not money.

Tons of ppl lose animals. This would get you a much higher incoming call volume than necessary if your goal really was to have one rightful owner call you.

The normal person would want the fewest amount of unnecessary calls. That’s what sets off alarms for me.

zbreeze27 t1_irv2ysn wrote

Somebody stole my favorite bodega cat shortly after I got here. It’s a cruel world

fubooze t1_isw2gnu wrote

Well that’s informative

nomascusgabriellae t1_iruq8a0 wrote

This can be be a scam…. What does the person have to gain from this? Could possibly request money before sending fake information.

−2

smallint t1_irsanid wrote

Northern VA zip code. Must be a scam..

−8

gigantoir t1_irst1zw wrote

people move and dont change their phone number crazy innit