Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

Lucid108 t1_ixrpdam wrote

Your glibness aside, rape is absolutely about power and is usually perpetrated against people who do not have the necessary support structures to leave the situation. Speaking of which, you ever look up the stats on how many sex crimes cops have solved and how often people who go to them for protection against these sorts of things are dismissed by the people who are supposedly there to protect and serve? How 'bout that 40% statistic about cops, since we're on the subject?

drpvn t1_ixrr27g wrote

Trying to give women support structures to help them leave violent relationships is good but it will not eradicate rape.

No I haven’t looked into the “40%” thing. I do know it’s copypasta so I assume there are massive caveats that need to be added to it.

NashvilleHot t1_ixsi6ju wrote

You just posted up thread about striking a balance as best we can. And here you’re saying it’s good but not worth doing because it won’t eradicate rape. 🤷‍♂️

drpvn t1_ixsljet wrote

You’re misreading me. I’m saying nothing can eradicate crime. That’s why we need policing. To deal with, you know, rapists, for example.