Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

Wtfislifereallyabout t1_iw75s3v wrote

You would have better luck making a TikTok explaining this and have it travel faster. I’m sure someone snapped a pic. 🤞🏼good luck & congrats!

zzzaddy OP t1_iw829ub wrote

dang, this is a smart idea!

Wtfislifereallyabout t1_iw86eki wrote

Do it! Share your user name here.. a lot of people from NY will watch and TikTok will throw it into more of NYers algorithm. I’ve seen it done before!

J-Brahmz t1_iw60lcb wrote

Congrats on a huge day! Is that a normal reaction people have tho? I feel like I’m not going to pull out my phone and start recording or snapping pics of a stranger proposing. Seems like a pretty obnoxious thing to do. Ig my comment is pretty ironic since you’re looking for these people lol.

DrCornelWest t1_iw68byq wrote

I saw one on the Brooklyn Bridge and I stopped to snap a bunch of photos. I hung around until the initial excitement died down and got an email to send them to so they could have something to look back on. They both seemed to appreciate the gesture.

sincerelyhated t1_iw6ks9f wrote

Welcome to a big city. I bet majority if not all of the amateur photographers were tourists.

Lankience t1_iw76wn3 wrote

We got engaged on the christopher street pier. I had a photographer there for pictures after but there were a few strangers nearby watching it happen too. One couple was pretty close and filmed the actual proposal, they approached us after and sent it to us and I thought it was a nice and fun thing to do.

TheYoungSquirrel t1_iw751i5 wrote

Yeah it is. Most people are tourists and photograph EVERYTHING. I got engaged downtown at a place special to my wife and I and had my friend take photos. There are people in the background with iPads taking photos

zzzaddy OP t1_iw82i3u wrote

there were many people taking pics and vidoes, which yeah I was surprised to see that.

ponyo_impact t1_iw946r4 wrote

deadass id walk away. Im not tryna be involved in your relationship crap

the_baumer t1_iw7g2o2 wrote

My husband and I were there! We weren’t that close by and only noticed when people started clapping so we don’t have any pics. But congrats!! And we also thought you look a like a more attractive James Murphy.

zzzaddy OP t1_iw8271t wrote

omg that's so nice! so cool that someone nearby saw this post!

nycfoto t1_iw7773i wrote

You should have hired a photographer. I've shot many surprise engagement proposals as a pro photographer. The look on her face at that moment is priceless.

zzzaddy OP t1_iw82ob0 wrote

so I did hire a photographer. they took pics and vid. Just thought it wouldnt hurt to have more documentation of it.

Rtn2NYC t1_iw86fxd wrote

Go to Instagram and search for locations tagged on the highline. You might find one on your own

ShadownetZero t1_iwfn3f2 wrote

I proposed there in 2018! Congrats!!

deelo89 t1_iw71ez4 wrote

Was near st.npatricks yesterday there was a wedding. Throngs of tourists taking photos and videos of bride and groom .

Throwawayhelp111521 t1_iw708zo wrote

A proposal should be a private moment.

−15

Degenerate_Rambler t1_iw72iui wrote

Imagine gatekeeping someone else’s proposal

Throwawayhelp111521 t1_iw9pbh4 wrote

I'm hardly the first person to comment on the inappropriateness of public proposals. They are a private moment and they put the woman in an awkward position. They're tacky.

Imagine having no taste.

TwoCats_OneMan t1_iw5ka1j wrote

Do you love her?

−76

DM725 t1_iw5u9fc wrote

I chose to read this in an incredibly creepy voice.

windowtosh t1_iw6cwe1 wrote

I’m just doing it for the benefits, honestly