Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

BigLittleWolfCat t1_iyj7ueg wrote

I have a beautiful sweet pit. She’s all love. She’s a rescue, was abused for years before I got her, and she’s still just filled with love for everyone and everything. Every pit I ever met was like that. Then there’s you. Vile and full of hate. Who’s the real danger here?

−1

[deleted] OP t1_iyj96kx wrote

[removed]

BigLittleWolfCat t1_iyj9q08 wrote

I thought about responding with the obvious; that you’re undeniably the psycho. But you know what, you clearly need help with your mental issues, and I hope you get it. I truly feel sorry for you

−4

[deleted] OP t1_iyjg0vu wrote

[deleted]

BigLittleWolfCat t1_iyjg6tw wrote

I’ve seen more hate and aggression in this thread than from any pit I’ve ever met in my life. Quite telling

ghiaab_al_qamaar t1_iyja4nj wrote

The real danger is probably the pits / pit mixes responsible for 30+ deaths per year. I’m glad your pits have so far not attacked anyone, but that doesn’t change the statistics. For all of /u/BrieGoneThot’s comments, they haven’t killed anyone.

BigLittleWolfCat t1_iyjavsn wrote

This has nothing to do with the breeds, but the humans using and abusing them, and targeting those breeds for dogfights and other aggressive “jobs”. Any dog breed would be a danger in that case. Humans filled with hate and lack of education, like yourself and Thot-face, kills far more people every year. Gonna clutch your pearls over that too, Karen?

−1

ghiaab_al_qamaar t1_iyjbdkd wrote

Calm down my man. You seem to have an irrational attachment to this breed. All I’m doing is showing why people rightfully distrust the breed.

In fact, I agree that they were bred to be dangerous. That’s why they can snap, even if I’m loving families. An inherently dangerous dog breed should be, logically, treated as dangerous.

BigLittleWolfCat t1_iyjbsji wrote

Oh I’m calm. I’m not the one getting my panties in a twist over uneducated hysteria. I’m actually calmly snuggling next to a loving pit, who’s big spooning a toddler while snoring happily. OOOOUUUUUHHH!

ghiaab_al_qamaar t1_iyjcd6l wrote

Your anecdote =/= the end of the story.

Or do you not believe the news stories on dozens of people per year who are murdered by pits? You can read through them at your leisure as I provided sources.

BigLittleWolfCat t1_iyje733 wrote

I believe news stories alright. Do you believe news stories about humans doing awful things? My point being, this breed is being picked up and mistreated by awful humans (the most dangerous breed of all) and thus there are understandably more cases with them. If abusers decided on poodles or labs some day, then they’d be in the news instead. Regardless, you seem like you’d rather focus on whatever fits your narrative than common sense, so good luck with that I guess. I’ll continue with empathy and love, you do you

ghiaab_al_qamaar t1_iyjepwk wrote

> comes into thread claiming pit bulls are nice and loving

> ignores the person providing statistics and news articles

> says that person is “focusing on whatever fits [their] narrative instead of common sense”

This is your brain on pit bulls.

BigLittleWolfCat t1_iyjfdeu wrote

LMAO are you alright? I’m not “ignoring” statistics and news articles. They are just a small part of a much bigger picture. I actually acknowledged them, and counter pointed them. Unlike your tactic to just yell bloody murder and hope that “loud=right”

You decide to cling on to a few facts you dig up that you can pile on that sad, sad hill you decided to die on.

This is your brain on fear-mongering

[deleted] OP t1_iyjeo7n wrote

[removed]

−1

BigLittleWolfCat t1_iyjfvog wrote

It’s funny, I have had 3 pits. Between my friends and acquaintances, I know probably 15 pits, within that group, probably way way more. I have never heard anything happen with either of them. Have a heard horror stories about pits? Yes. I’m not arguing that. I’m arguing that pits are being targeted by bad people in general. Bad people=bad dogs

I for one am way more scared of humans than any pit I’ve ever met. Statistically, you should be too