Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

Braedan0786 t1_j1r8tzs wrote

Yes, I do. Lost in the shuffle about CA’s plan to transition to EVs is their plan to improve power production and reliability in the state prior to 2035. NY will likely do the same.

We don’t need anywhere near as many charging stations as gas stations in this country because GASP the vast majority of EV owners charge at home, overnight. How many ICE vehicle owners fill up their tank every night at home? Fast charging stations are generally used for longer trips and people who must spend more time on local roads.

My Tesla is in a garage in Manhattan that has about thirty Tesla chargers for EVs. The attendants plug it in, swap it around with other EVs, etc. It’s not hard.

crammed174 t1_j1re1r7 wrote

I live in a prewar apt as do my parents and in laws and cousins etc. this is an option for single family home owners and people in suburbs. Not NYC. At least not easily or soon.

Braedan0786 t1_j1reewe wrote

Cool bro. So what you’re saying is that there will be literally no increase in chargers on the street and other charging solutions in NYC over the next checks notes 13 years before the 2035 restrictions are in place?

−1

1keaman t1_j1rhlzd wrote

Your snarkiness *checks notes* is lame

Braedan0786 t1_j1rkrpz wrote

You have officially added checks notes literally nothing to the discussion.

−1

crammed174 t1_j1rvvr9 wrote

I don’t think I said that there won’t be any increase. I said I don’t foresee an increase to meet demand and even if that increase of chargers happens, the power grid can’t handle it if in 2022 we still can’t handle winter storms in a city geographically situated to be prone to winter storms.

We also can’t handle the heat in the summers. I get con-Ed messages every summer urging decrease in consumption.

Braedan0786 t1_j1rxa2b wrote

Ok so I’ll put you down as someone who believes that 13 years from now nothing will change. Seems like a pretty absurd position to take given how much technology changes on a near daily basis these days, but hey, you keep being you.

−2

[deleted] t1_j1rxuz5 wrote

[removed]

Braedan0786 t1_j1s36z1 wrote

Nah, I get what you’re saying. You’re still using issues today to justify your idiotic logic arguing things will essentially be the same in 13 years.

−1