Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

poopmast t1_iz173ad wrote

So he should be visiting Seoul, Singapore, Osaka, and Tokyo then, not Qatar and Athens.

xxl_gal t1_iz4l26p wrote

What's different about these places that allows for their subway to be as clean and efficient as they are, vs ours..? Hmmmm I wonder what it could be..

iv2892 t1_iz1dvfg wrote

Good example . I’m pretty sure nyc has better subway that most countries outside of Europe and Asia

−1

[deleted] t1_iz1r4jn wrote

> I’m pretty sure nyc has better subway that most countries outside of Europe and Asia

Depends how you mean by 'better'. NYC's is very expansive, so (AFAIK) it's hard to find comparable systems outside Europe or Asia. Saying that, having used the subways in Toronto and Medellin - both of them were cleaner and more reliable than NYC's.

iv2892 t1_iz239gr wrote

Yeah , I feel like Toronto was similar to NYCs. Way less crowded though. But didn’t ride it long enough to make a decent comparison

iv2892 t1_iz23hy5 wrote

In nyc the subway experience can change a lot from line to line and stations . Some stations almost look like you can off the floor and then there’s some others that look like they are falling apart .