Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

NetQuarterLatte t1_j29wqlc wrote

Until after the elections, the mainstream media just didn’t care about this because they were too busy pushing their own propaganda.

Edit: Hey there New York Times employees.. I see a lot of downvotes once your employer got mentioned in the replies.

−63

BraveSirZaphod t1_j2aslpw wrote

"Everyone who disagrees with me is a New York Times employee" is a new one for me, gotta say.

You might consider the wild possibility that, rather than conspiracy against you, you simply said something unpopular.

But nah, I'm sure They™ are just out to get you. That must be it.

Souperplex t1_j2azw9z wrote

I wish I was a NYtimes employee, it'd pay more.

JudgeJuryJncos t1_j2a977r wrote

There were 500+ congressional races and 10000+ local races across the country. There aren't enough reporters in the world to cover every person. Blame the Zimmerman campaign for not doing a better job campaigning on this stuff

HashtagDadWatts t1_j2aisl3 wrote

Zimmerman pointed all of this out. He also ran a grassroots issue focused campaign. He did all the right things. The problem here is Republican voters who have no standards and no shame.

kbeks t1_j2bet8h wrote

He absolutely did NOT run a grassroots issues focused campaign. I didn’t get my turn out the vote call until litterally two or three days before Election Day. Laticia James got ahold of me a week before that clown. He mailed a few flyers during the primary and then I never heard from him again. I saw zero signs, heard zero ads, and received next to zero mailings. He was a bad candidate, that’s why he lost a heavily democratic district to a scam artist and a clown.

−2

HashtagDadWatts t1_j2bh2rb wrote

>heard zero ads

Yeah, nothing says "grassroots campaign" like running ad spots in a hyper expensive media market.

kbeks t1_j2bq0ok wrote

So what constitutes a grassroots campaign? Door knocks that didn’t happen? Rallies that didn’t happen? Phone banks that didn’t happen? Yard signs that didn’t happen? He didn’t do shit, that’s why he lost.

−3

JudgeJuryJncos t1_j2ak4nk wrote

If he did a good job of pointing out his opponent was a not Jewish guy with fake college credentials and a mom who died on 9/11 in 2016, we would have known about it before the election.

−5

HashtagDadWatts t1_j2akyqv wrote

Again, Zimmerman pointed out that Santos was a fraud before the election. Republican voters didn't care.

charliehustles t1_j2avqr8 wrote

And Santos isn’t some new entity here. He ran for the seat back in 2020 and lost to Souzzi. He’s been around for awhile and it seems like nobody, press or opponents, delved deep enough into the guys record. He put up just enough front to get passed.

How about we stop ragging on Zimmerman or the press here and blame Santos for being the deceitful piece of shit who lied every step of the way for years and years to get elected to Congress under false pretenses.

kbeks t1_j2bf0zo wrote

Because Zimmerman was bad at his job and lost to this guy. If he won, we wouldn’t be ragging on him.

I expect lying and deceit from republicans, especially the brand of republicans in my district. I don’t expect incompetence from my democratic candidates.

−8

KaiDaiz t1_j2ejsdj wrote

> . Republican voters didn't care.

Some lost cause copium you got there. District was historically a reliable blue district. Santos couldn't have won without flipping Dem voters or turning them away from polls. Fact is and still is, Dems did terrible - didn't counter successfully, didn't campaign and winged it. They pissed away whatever ammo bc they were comfy and thought they win regardless.

HashtagDadWatts t1_j2epcdh wrote

Saying Zimmerman didn't campaign is objectively false. He was rallying with Schumer and other big names up until election day. These narratives miss the mark massively.

KaiDaiz t1_j2epzrp wrote

yes such a presence that with barely any signs from him present in queens. ask anyone in queens or was there...he was absent.

KaiDaiz t1_j2erhgc wrote

yes so effective and aggressive campaigning that didnt prevent his flock from switching their votes or bother to show...it was ineffective and not enough but please keep defending his failed campaign. he failed to turn out his flock and kept them in line, end of story. its the only reason why santos managed to win, he turn the voters.

−1

HashtagDadWatts t1_j2ex409 wrote

I fully expect someone pushing these kind of narratives to frame politicians as having "flocks" with quasi-religious devotion. Bet you feel really good about manufacturing things to get upset about instead of focusing on the actual fraud that took place.

KaiDaiz t1_j2eylcg wrote

yawn...am i shocked Rs lied? nope. Do I expect Dems to fight and even harder armed with info? yes...did they fight this midterm hard enough? NOPE.

Santos was a joke but you know what else was even bigger joke? NY Dems and Zimm campaign this midterm but do continue to simp how well they fought.

HashtagDadWatts t1_j2ez1gq wrote

Yeah, the person running a genuine and issue focused campaign was the problem, not the possibly criminal fraudster. Real hot take right there.

KaiDaiz t1_j2ezeuk wrote

um by your account the opponent was a total fraudster, never should of won, easy win... how did Dems lost and even some of their own voters switch to that guy? again total failure from the campaign and party to allow this result.

HashtagDadWatts t1_j2f12hr wrote

>how did Dems lost

Setting aside the questionable English here, the answer is that right wing voters didn't care about the fraud, which Zimmerman and local news outlets had pointed out before the election. I know that's inconvenient to your narrative, though, so I'm sure you'll continue to disregard the role right wing voters and the Republican machine paid in facilitating this fraud.

KaiDaiz t1_j2f1umo wrote

They had to turn Dem voters to win district - either their vote or turn them away from polls...which they did. Again who i blame for the side switching? Dems lack of effort. Stop acting its all mindless R voters who didn't care and just voted for Santos and thats how he won

HashtagDadWatts t1_j2f6hpc wrote

Nah, they didn't. They just had to turn out right wing voters, which they did. You stupidly assume that politics is zero sum, despite all evidence to the contrary.

d2d2d2d2d2 t1_j2aa2jr wrote

How many congressional races for districts in the five boroughs? The New York Times doesn't have "enough reporters" to do even basic coverage of the races in its home city? Seriously?

[deleted] t1_j2ae6bk wrote

[deleted]

−2

charliehustles t1_j2aia1p wrote

D3 includes North East Queens. It is a NYC race, not to mention a shit load of its constituents work in the city. Final vote tally is 250,000+ which is more than some other districts with their borders exclusively within NYC.

HashtagDadWatts t1_j2aixc3 wrote

Doesn't this district include part of queens?

DuplicateUser t1_j2b4lr9 wrote

I live in Eastern Queens and this insurrectionist liar is my congressman-elect :(.

NetQuarterLatte t1_j2actt6 wrote

The New York Times had plenty of staff.

But some of the reporters were out on the streets of NYC trying to fish for quotes like “I feel safe and never worry about crimes”, which was obviously more important to them than covering candidates like Santos.

−18

NetQuarterLatte t1_j2ad8kx wrote

The Zimmerman campaign was on record saying they pushed those issues with Santos to the mainstream media, but no one wanted to cover this before the election.

−1

Freddy-Sez t1_j2alr7f wrote

All the major NYC outlets definitely deserve criticism for whiffing on this, but if the Zimmerman campaign did a better job getting this stuff out there we would know about it. No outlet would intentionally spike a story this good

1should_be_working t1_j2arujg wrote

Imagine simping for this guy. New low for you guys in the GOP but you'll find the bottom of the barrel soon, you're clearly trying so hard to find it!

graveyardromantic t1_j2bop64 wrote

I always love seeing your comments. It’s like some kind of morbid fascination. Like a train wreck but I can’t look away.

Rottimer t1_j2d1f8n wrote

I for one, applaud every time he makes a comment that's not how crime-ridden NYC is. I think it's hilarious that in this case, he's blaming the NY Times for not exposing a criminal quickly enough. Nothing about the criminal behavior itself. . .

Silver-Hat175 t1_j2bjl9w wrote

You try soooo hard to make hot takes to sound smart and you always fall flat on your face. Give up.

Vexvertigo t1_j2bm3hf wrote

Or, you know, you’re getting downvoted for a different reason. Like people think you’re being kind of crazy