Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

toastedclown t1_j0itec4 wrote

People want to be around people when they are socializing. When people are at work, they want to work.

If people wanted to be wheezed on by hundreds of unmasked strangers every day, then their employers wouldn't be putting so much effort into strong-arming them back into the office.

sternfan1523 t1_j0itutm wrote

Very Reddit opinion. Issue is much more about commuting. It’s a fringe segment that gives a shit about being around unmasked people. Not at all mainstream.

−3

dhb113 t1_j0l2h90 wrote

don’t listen to these people. you’re right. most people don’t wear masks (not half like this person is saying). all you need to do is walk around manhattan to see that.

sometimes i need to remind myself that only a mere fraction of people in the city have reddit. people in this sub/thread do not represent public opinion.

toastedclown t1_j0iuhgt wrote

>Issue is much more about commuting.

It's also about that, and also about contemporary offices being just plain miserable places to work.

>It’s a fringe segment that gives a shit about being around unmasked people. Not at all mainstream.

Nah, that's completely false. At least half the people I see in public indoor spaces are wearing masks.

sternfan1523 t1_j0ivx85 wrote

Half? Lol I see 20% on the train, bars are packed. Very difficult to get reservations, as it usually is this time of the year when things are normal. You see maybe 1/200 in places like this wearing a mask

BobanTheGiant t1_j0ko5d3 wrote

Tell us you’ve never taken a stats class or understand what n=1 without telling us!