Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

BakedBread65 t1_j2y8b2d wrote

Bill will pass by 2025, then by 2037 they will have exactly one shop set up with a 300% tax markup

niceholmes t1_j2yaxt1 wrote

Well, as we have seen with pot... life finds a way. Especially if possession is legal.

IncomingBlessings t1_j2ymzfj wrote

Grow kits for shrooms are always an option. I would definitely be inclined to grow my own if and when it becomes legal

VenetaBirdSong t1_j2yux23 wrote

Did this back in college about 20+ years ago. A whole lot of work for a little bit of reward.

cocktails5 t1_j2z64lg wrote

Once you get good at it it should be very little effort for a lot of reward. You can grow an absolute ton of mushrooms in a couple of storage bins. Mushrooms on the east coast are stupid expensive for how easy they are to grow and the relative lack of risk (no smell, no grow lights, concealed grow containers).

EmeraldFalcon89 t1_j31qqfq wrote

plus you can choose the strain of mushroom which is really significant. I was pretty much not a fan of shrooms until I grew my own, they were less prolific and not as strong but they felt much more energetic

anivex t1_j2z6iyc wrote

Homie you just didn’t do it right. I got plenty of reward in my days

VenetaBirdSong t1_j2z75gh wrote

It’s possible I didn’t do it right. My friend did the initial inoculation and first steps but left to study abroad. I did the second half.

anivex t1_j2z7eds wrote

Most certainly something to do your research on first

Chairmaster29 t1_j344pap wrote

Shrooms grown with spores are occasionally mild, they're occasionally strong as fuck, and usually somewhere in between. (Not counting PE)

mikep120001 t1_j37mtos wrote

Pe don’t sporelate and can only inoculate from the fruit.

Also fwiw to these comments; it’s WAY easier to grow in bulk than small amounts and pounds can be harvested for under 20$ in materials once you’re up and running

Chairmaster29 t1_j39yrha wrote

Absolutely, except PE does sporelate it's just very light, and light colored. You need to swab the gills with a sterile cotton swab, which can be dabbed on an agar tray, but cloning is the best bet for a home cultivator. If they didn't sporelate you couldn't buy a PE spore syringe from a vendor. But yeah why grow brown rice cakes when you can grow tubs. I wouldn't say easier but as easy for sure yup.

mikep120001 t1_j3a25qu wrote

It’s like 1 extra step to go from cakes to bulk. It was easier for me at least as I went straight to bulk when I farmed. When I wrote sporelate I was kinda implying the natural way when a fruit opens and they drop. Having to swab them isn’t really dropping spores imho. Plus if you’re already using agar you’d be better just taking a piece of fruit body vs a spore to stick w better genetics vs the unknown.

I could be wrong as it’s going back a few years but the pe syringes I used had chunks of fruits floating in them whereas other cube subspecies would have globs of spores.

LittleKitty235 t1_j2z1o35 wrote

But how did the mushrooms work out? 😏

VenetaBirdSong t1_j2z2uk5 wrote

I remember sitting in my friend’s dorm writing “I’m Mr DNA Man and I’ve come to steal your mind” then strolling to Irving Plaza to see Zap Mama and Talib Kweli. Good times. But a whole summer’s worth of work for one night for a friend and me.

sherryberry7 t1_j2zc5by wrote

Check out r/unclebens spores are also legal to buy online in most states, it's the possession of the shrooms themselves that are illegal.

FartSniffingDog t1_j31hwl5 wrote

Spores and grow kits have always been legal.

[deleted] t1_j31koqp wrote

[deleted]

FartSniffingDog t1_j32k9mg wrote

That’s very considerate of you, but you can literally grow it in secret in your closet. As long as you aren’t drawing attention to yourself by trying to become a drug dealer, no one will know, but you and god and your dead ego.

Napkin_whore t1_j2zl887 wrote

Midtown is more like “high town” now though. I don’t think it’s a good look long term, even if I like weed a lot.

Pool_Shark t1_j2yp44x wrote

Can’t wait for all the unregulated gray market shops selling research chemicals with DMT or Mushroom stickers on the package

ICantThinkOfANameBud t1_j303bjd wrote

You can already buy "Mushroom" chocolates in a lot of bodegas, at least in Queens.

notqualitystreet t1_j2yoiuj wrote

And of course DASNY will be involved in the fucking leases for some reason goddamnit

pauligyarto t1_j3m84ue wrote

If they're all taking fat DMT hits the whole city will probably transcend reality