Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

Daddy_Macron t1_j4s3by1 wrote

>Cheng was a member of the Asian Hate Crime Task Force when it was first formed in 2020. A year earlier, he was named vice president when the department’s Asian-American Police Executives Council was created.

Dumbass decided to lie and cheat with a high profile. Don't accept those positions if you wanna keep your OT abuse scheme going.

knockatize t1_j4spj7a wrote

Only 400 hours over 18 months, approaching retirement?

If you’re padding OT the right way, you should be able to stack up at least 25 hours a week with nobody saying “boo” given how short-staffed the NYPD is.

But you do have to show up. That’s important.

Longjumping_Vast_797 t1_j4ta3w4 wrote

That's only like 5 hours a damn week! Jesus, you got to be an idiot to get caught for 1 hr a day extra.

City_bound t1_j4vviqf wrote

25 hours of overtime a week is 100 hours a month that’s insane

knockatize t1_j4w5qtq wrote

Happens all the time, because of the way pensions are calculated based on the last three years of employment, although many hires after 2012 aren’t going to be able to exploit it.

Gonna be a while before we see any savings.

Captaintripps t1_j4rmvi9 wrote

Where are the crime aficionados on this one?

IRequirePants t1_j4rqv77 wrote

Right here; the pension system is ridiculous. Even if he was jailed, chances are he would still keep his pension. See Sheldon Silver, for example.

Isawthebeets t1_j4rxsn2 wrote

Quick deflect to a democrat!

−10

IRequirePants t1_j4ryr4h wrote

I pointed to Sheldon Silver because he is a high profile politician from NYC.

There are plenty of Republicans as well, but it's definitely harder to find local ones for obvious reasons. Grimm is an example, although he worked for a federal body so I am not sure how that is relevant.

Silver might be a bad example as well, since he worked for a state body. But I am sure I can find other crooks in NYC who kept their pensions.

smallint t1_j4rypsz wrote

It takes time to track and log the time. So there you have it.

thebatman924 t1_j4u1ibn wrote

Imagine any other job that gets a slap on the wrist for stealing 60K

spicytoastaficionado t1_j4w3gag wrote

At the very least, you'd be facing criminal charges for felony embezzlement.

This guy steals from taxpayers and he never even sees the inside of a courtroom. Just an "NYPD hearing".

Energy4Days t1_j4ugnxj wrote

All these city jobs are rampant with corruption that we're all paying for

Evening_Presence_927 t1_j4t8uj1 wrote

u/jl250 is this the police force you think is being undermined by progressives?

jl250 t1_j4ta9pa wrote

You go ahead and worry about one individual charging overtime; I worry more about the fact that NYC had approx. 2,200 homicides *annually* in the 1990 - 1992 period - immediately preceding the time Guiliani came up and cleaned up with a strong police force. Demonstrably saved thousands of lives. And considering that 96% of shooting victims in NYC are black or Latino - Guiliani and Bloomberg saved thousands of Black and Latino lives with their strong police forces.

−1

Evening_Presence_927 t1_j4tba70 wrote

> immediately preceding the time Guiliani came up and cleaned up with a strong police force

[citation needed]

> And considering that 96% of shooting victims in NYC are black or Latino - Guiliani and Bloomberg saved thousands of Black and Latino lives with their strong police forces.

And yet both communities were fiercely critical of them both, including the current mayor. You need to believe black and brown communities when they’re saying stuff like that.

jl250 t1_j4tcpzy wrote

>black and brown communities

Like me, and my entire family?

−3

Evening_Presence_927 t1_j4tzrjd wrote

You aren’t even listening to your own family? Goddamn, you must be a terrible child.

−2

spicytoastaficionado t1_j4w3bkf wrote

On the force for 19 years, and flushed his career down the toilet out of greed.

Partial pension is a slap in the face. Dude should be fired outright and prosecuted for defrauding the city.

This is the type of shit that undermines the public's faith in not just the NYPD, but the justice system as a whole.

Cheng was allowed to negotiate a deal where he admitted to criminal fraud in exchange for an early retirement. And he did this @ an NYPD hearing; not a criminal court.

He will never be prosecuted for his criminal behavior. Instead, taxpayers will be paying him for the next few decades.

Fucking embarrassing all around.

Nikolllllll t1_j4sf6s2 wrote

Oh but if I decide to rob a bank for a $20 that's a problem /s

TeamMisha t1_j4tc49z wrote

Certain union employees in the city could eat babies live on television and still keep their job and pension tbh

nixplix t1_j4sykd0 wrote

Play stupid games, get partly-stupid prizes.

winstonpartell t1_j4wlbr5 wrote

My bet is he got "caught" simply because he's Asian.