Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

[deleted] OP t1_j68cv1o wrote

[removed]

−51

devolka t1_j68e6l5 wrote

Yeah. They LOVE it when young black fathers are beaten to death in the street.

You're. A. Piece. Of. FiFYI.

Fyi.

CavediverNY t1_j68firk wrote

The movement itself is extremely worthwhile, but there have been these very troubling allegations that to the best of my knowledge have never been really cleared up. https://nymag.com/intelligencer/2022/04/black-lives-matter-6-million-dollar-house.html

devolka t1_j68izj4 wrote

To your point: Sometimes the accusation is more powerful than the proof. LMK if this ever gets sorted out but (abd maybe this is well earn cynicism) but when reporters are "just asking questions" and don't actually uncover anything... I often think it's because they looked and there was nothing there but they were committed to the article so they hide in vagaries.

I'll readdress my position on this if and when so.eone has an actually allegation.

But grifters gonna grift. Any time you have large sums of cash, someone is going to try to turn this to an advantage.

But also people suck at managing money.

I'm focused on the message and the movement.

−4

CavediverNY t1_j68k4ca wrote

For one reason or another all media reporting seems to have stopped back in May last year. I did go to the BLM main page and I have to admit… The “explanation” seems lacking to me. https://blacklivesmatter.com/we-want-to-talk-to-you-about-the-creators-house-in-california/

devolka t1_j68n673 wrote

Maybe there was nothing there. 🤷🏿

−6

CavediverNY t1_j68siib wrote

That’s one possibility I suppose

devolka t1_j68tvhv wrote

I just don't have the time or resources to conduct an investigation myself.

And largely I don't care. What's thr WORST thing I'm going to discover? Someone close to a BLM charity was stealing money?

Okay. That sucks. I hope they get caught. Changes nothing about BLM for me.

−3

bzr t1_j68l27f wrote

You sound like tucker Carlson stuck his dick in your ear. Maybe use the computer you used for posting this to do some actual research and critical thinking. Yelling something loudly doesn’t make your dumbass opinion true.

Sorry if I just took a shit on you but I’m tired of hearing Fox News propaganda spewed by boomers who refuse to do any critical thinking. The constant negativity without any solutions is beyond tiring for the rest of us.

−3

GooseSpringsteenJrJr t1_j68ipcw wrote

BLM is a movement not an organization. There was someone NOT involved trying to take advantage of people. Try not to be so unbelievably racist and horrible. But it must be tough with those cop boots shoved so far down your throat.

−9