Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

HalfDryGlass t1_j6bb2km wrote

Well... they are outside. If they are being unreasonably noisy, noise complaint. Maybe you need to block the window somehow, or talk to them and tell them how much it bothers you.

But yea. Complaining about noise from the ground floor in NYC is going to mostly fall on deaf ears.

Itsthenewvodka t1_j6bc04n wrote

Complaining about noise falling on deaf ears. Love the actual perfect irony in the idiom. Bravo

BKEDDIE82 t1_j6baygi wrote

This is one of the known downsides of living on a ground floor apartment that faces the front of a property.

oflimiteduse t1_j6bbhuk wrote

Now you know not to live on the ground floor. Tell em to fuck off.

paisleycatperson t1_j6bd0lg wrote

I used to smoke, and people would tell me to move away from their windows and I did, and now I do it too, and I don't feel bad. I just say flatly "can you smoke (area without windows), it goes directly into my window. " and you just repeat it flatly and kind of act like they are stupid for not realizing this themselves.

Kozzzman t1_j6beurh wrote

Just ask them nicely. I don’t understand the issue here.

ThankfulWonderful t1_j6bjctg wrote

For real- instead of being passive aggressive: just be honest. Go outside when they’re coming back into the building. Be safe but assertive if it’s really not something you can just ignore.

wheely-overhead t1_j6bl20c wrote

If you don't need to open that window, fart spray on the nearby pavement. Lots of it.

Abba_Zaba88 t1_j6bu0uj wrote

How long have you lived in this apartment? Have you tried bringing this up to them?

Also, have you taken the time to acknowledge the culture of the building?

Lketty t1_j6bvab5 wrote

Ask them to move.

ECK-2188 t1_j6bcjh9 wrote

Fuck around and find out.

Alternatively, you could mind your business

−8

nycdataviz t1_j6bb86f wrote

Call the police and say you've noticed a lot of suspicious activity - many visitors coming into their apartment and activity throughout the night.

−14