Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

megarooski3 t1_jeei8ht wrote

Thank you! I guess I'm confusing myself...I thought because I'm not claiming any dependents/allowances etc., I was being taxed at the max withholding level for my tax bracket. I guess that's not the case?

−2

themudcrabking t1_jeejcin wrote

Claiming no deductions on your W4 and having nothing withheld are 2 separate things.

The more deductions claimed the less you’ll have withheld.

My previous comment is assuming you are not having anything withheld. You should review your W4 and W2 in order to understand which statement is correct (0 deductions or 0 withholding).

megarooski3 t1_jeek020 wrote

Thank you!

We were able to get a meeting with a CPA yesterday for today, so hoping someone can make sense of this. I know each person's situation is different, but i can say friends/colleagues of mine that are also making around the close to the same range as me and not claiming allowances/or further withholdings are not having this issue But thank you so much for all your help, these have been really helpful comments.

−1

DeluxeXL t1_jeen1d9 wrote

The fact that your paychecks are still not $0 means you haven't reached maximum withholding. Maximum withholding is 100% of your paycheck.

Also, you haven't mentioned

• the amounts of your FIT withholding and your spouse's FIT withholding.
  • the amounts of your pretax deductions and your spouse's pretax deductions. (Pretax deductions are things like health insurance, FSA/HSA, and pretax 401k)

(Supply the amounts for 2022 if your question is focused on 2022)