Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

limestone_tiger t1_iyclsti wrote

>What can the kid do?

For one thing - he's an adult. Learn a lesson - it's best to be insured. He gambled and lost.

27Believe t1_iycqxjk wrote

Drivers aren’t insured. The vehicles are. If someone doesn’t own a car, they do not have insurance

JazzyJazzJaxx t1_iyd1832 wrote

You don’t have to own the car to have insurance, you can be added on as an authorized driver which was the case before they decided to remove him

−2

27Believe t1_iyd1dsz wrote

Why would he be an authorized driver ? He doesn’t live there or use the car regularly. If I have a friend visiting and she asks to borrow my car, I don’t add her as a driver.

JazzyJazzJaxx t1_iyd2fhv wrote

“If someone doesn’t own a car, they do not have insurance” that statement was incorrect and I addressed that. Yes you wouldn’t add your friend to your insurance if they’re just borrowing your car but that’s not what my initial comment was referring to.

−1

27Believe t1_iyd4rhk wrote

So what auto insurance would someone who doesn’t own a car have? And why would someone who doesn’t live there or use the car regularly be on the owners insurance ?

hopingtothrive t1_iydbr17 wrote

It was the owner of the car that gambled. They had insufficient coverage and loaned their car to a 19 year old.