Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

Werewolfdad t1_ixx5t35 wrote

The downside is if something happens, you have less time to fix the screw up.

Is there a reason you want to take that risk?

gundamstar1 OP t1_ixx77e0 wrote

I can spend more now on BF deals, say, and pay my mortgage when my next paycheck comes in...

−259

Werewolfdad t1_ixx7e8f wrote

If you need to delay your mortgage payment to buy things on Black Friday, the last thing you should be doing is buying things on Black Friday.

bored_ryan2 t1_ixxn1xc wrote

Yeah… I’d skip those BF deals if I were you. If your financial situation was better, you’d have a credit card to pay for the BF items and pay that off with your next paycheck and have your mortgage paid on the 1st like normal. So you probably can’t afford these extra BF items…

iamcts t1_ixxu3an wrote

If you’re living paycheck to paycheck with a mortgage then it’s probably a good idea to tone down the Black Friday shopping.

dronesandwhisky t1_ixyk6po wrote

That’s one way too fast track financial ruin and homelessness.

burnbabyburn11 t1_ixzbykc wrote

It would make sense if you had assets you wanted to buy. Those bf deals, will you sell them to make more money? That could make sense

ReviewAny8819 t1_ixxarso wrote

It’ll be fine to pay on the 13th or 14th. Some people on here goody 2 shoes with their holier than thou advice. You’re an adult and know how to move some things around to get what you need done without being hurt financially in the long run. Enjoy black friday and your home:)

−112

Mysterious-date1984 t1_ixxffow wrote

It is the personal finance subreddit after all. Where people are learning to budget, save, and get out of debt. Delaying a mortgage payment to buy 'wants' is not a good idea unless you, at least, have an emergency fund. If you have car trouble in the next 2 weeks and you then have to decide between getting to work or missing a mortgage payment this would be a massive regret.

penonoir t1_ixyvjnz wrote

That must be a Jeff Bezos or Sam Walton throwaway account 😜