Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

RoyceRedd t1_j7xb7nj wrote

And a ridiculous misspelling of psych.

−17

WillFerrellsGutFold t1_j81wd9m wrote

Fucking whoosh right over your head. You do know “sike” and “psych” are two very different words, right?

RoyceRedd t1_j81wvcj wrote

Sike is not a word. It’s a misspelling. Psych out or psych up are both spelled psych, and that’s the origin of “psych” as in I fooled you. Sike is just what dumb people assume the spelling is when they hear it because psych is far to complicated to spell for many. At some point due to the sheer number of stupid people sike will be accepted as an alternative spelling, but currently using it still makes you wrong and dumb. It’s like the written version of pronouncing nuclear as nucular.

−2

WillFerrellsGutFold t1_j81xmh7 wrote

I guess JAWN isn’t a word either right? What’s it like being better than everyone else up in that pedestal you clearly put yourself on?!

RoyceRedd t1_j81xz9n wrote

Jawn is a slang term and spelled correctly. I am not on a pedestal. “Sike” just happens to be a particular pet peeve of mine. I can look past almost any grammar or spelling errors, but that one gets me for some reason. I just don’t understand why people get it so very wrong.

WillFerrellsGutFold t1_j82gd12 wrote

It’s just a word that is used in slang that became what it did. You are making a bigger deal of it then what it needs to be. But who am I to judge you, if this is your pet peeve then so be it. I have mine also. Have a good one, I wish you all the best.

flamehead2k1 t1_j82i4c7 wrote

Language changes over time. Nothing to get worked up about