Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

secretlypooping t1_jaco9gb wrote

yeah, here's hoping this project is a success and at least within reasonable margins of time and expense to serve as a blueprint for how to cap more and more sections of 95 and 676.

BKachur t1_jacp9gl wrote

Yea, knowing Philly I expect to be dead before this is finished lol.

Blewedup t1_jactliv wrote

philly was here well before you were born and will be here well after you're dead. no excuse not to build it anyway.

BKachur t1_jacywfi wrote

Don't get me wrong, I'm all for the project and always felt like Penns landing had a lot of wasted potential. Just more a comment on how abysmally long it takes the city to finish any project. Felt like city hall was under construction for a continuous decade.

mbash013 t1_jad89xj wrote

Oh man. A vine st expressway cap would be awesome. After living in Boston post big-dig (I know this was an engineering nightmare for everyone involved while it happened) the green space that it created was awesome. Over a mile of unique parks in a nice long green space that allowed for an enjoyable walk through that portion of the city.

electric_creamsicle t1_jae9d74 wrote

Now if only they just shutdown Storrow Drive and you didn't have to find an overpass to get to that green space...

Pattern_Is_Movement t1_jacxvci wrote

Oh it absolutely will be a huge success when it is built.

A park along 676 would be amazing and transform the city as well.

rileybgone t1_jaeah86 wrote

Or just capping it with housing. Either way would be great

−1