Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

Added_cynodont t1_jdka4e5 wrote

That's where the Saxbys was yeah? Glad to have someplace to get coffee there again, at long last

joggle123 t1_jdkbo3x wrote

That sign is straight up gorgeous

rossdowdell t1_jdkc6qh wrote

I'm in there 3-5x a week. Always happy to have a good option.

BRPelmder t1_jdkke98 wrote

Solid prices. Anyone tried the sourdough bagels to be able to report back on quality?

loxonrye t1_jdkt88d wrote

Underrated bakery at this place

I-take-beast-shits t1_jdlvovg wrote

Hopefully the fresh brewed coffee aroma will help musk the stagnant piss smell that lingers in 30th station

−25

tonberryjr t1_jdlzmah wrote

I always hit up Old Nelson (the one by Dunkin, not the bigger one by SEPTA) because they have a griddle for breakfast sandwiches but need to try Vibrant’s coffee

strohs t1_jdm21oa wrote

Meanwhile literally every other business/restaurant there has tanked with the exception of Wendy's and Jersey Mikes. So many closed storefronts (including the bar) last time I went. It's a bummer.

0716718227 t1_jdm7wx2 wrote

These guys rock. It is $$$ but they clearly have high quality stuff so I treat myself to it sometimes. If I walked past it every day I'd be broke

trick_825 t1_jdmr838 wrote

Nice! I stop by their Rittenhouse spot regularly because they've got good coffee and sweets, but it's a really cramped location.

hdhcnsnd t1_jdmypjw wrote

Also saw that new convenience market or whatever opened (Penn Market?).

Good to see, there’s still a lot more space in 30th street for new restaurants and retailers

vivaportugalhabs t1_jdn3r9b wrote

Delicious coffee and some really zany flavors like orange creamsicle. Legit tasted like the popsicle!

BirdLawyer6 t1_jdnqte4 wrote

We need a bar in 30th street station. Penn station is poppin now and the new bar is super nice.

gnartato t1_jdom9si wrote

When it was actually open. If there was a single cloud in the sky it was 50/50 whether it was open towards the end. Walked by every day for a few years before the pandemic.

−1

SomePaddy t1_jdonuu5 wrote

Bridgewater's was the indoor one, in the SW corner of the building. Small footprint (still vacant) bar and some hightops. Clock on the wall intentionally 10min fast. Solid rotating selection of beers, and surprisingly very good food. Perfect third space - great spot for a cheeky pint, or to kill time if your train was delayed. No surprise that it didn't survive the decrease in regional rail commuting though.

oatmilkproletariat t1_jdrxfyb wrote

thank god they did. back when i worked at saxby’s temple location in 2019, we would constantly get emails from our manager asking if anyone could cover the 5am opening shift at this 30th st location. they seemed to always struggle with finding staff to work their hours, but ig that’s the consequence of a company paying minimum wage while mainly recruiting college kids 🤷🏻‍♀️

VibrantCoffee t1_jdx1d3v wrote

Thank you! To you and u/SomePaddy above re: pricing - the management company that runs the station for Amtrak charges us "rent" as a percentage of sales which actually makes it work out to about twice the rent we pay in Rittenhouse (as crazy as that sounds) - that is why everything in the station is expensive. Our prices in the station are a little higher than the Rittenhouse location because of this. It's like airport pricing, only not quite as extreme.

Mauruttius t1_je8kipc wrote

Went this morning and enjoyed a mocha from y'all for the first time. For someone who commutes back and forth from DC a lot, it still seemed pretty reasonably priced to me. I honestly loved it - I'll probably visit the Rittenhouse square location in the next few days and see about picking up some beans (and if y'all sell it some of your chocolate sauce) to make some at home when I'm not traveling. Cheers!

VibrantCoffee t1_je9q6ju wrote

Well that is nice to hear! Chocolate sauce is not for sale unfortunately but if it isn't busy feel free to ask the baristas for the recipe - it is super simple to make, just cocoa powder, sugar, and water.