Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

irenameyourpet t1_jdvc6dk wrote

I've noticed more DIY shows up that way. More shows at places like the Tin Can and Bonk's bar make it seem like a movement of sorts is happening.

thecw OP t1_jdvcdvk wrote

Is Bonk's actually a cool bar? The name is great but when driving by I haven't been able to get a read on the vibe.

skip_tracer t1_jdvdj11 wrote

Yes. But also, no.

GooFoYouPal t1_jdvftqm wrote

I’ve been going to Bonk’s for 15+ years and i still never know quite what to expect when I walk in i.e. which crowd is in today.

Lower_Wall_638 t1_jdvg345 wrote

Bonks was a dump. I have not been in since the refresh.

−9

irishgambin0 t1_jdxf7he wrote

i used to go to Bonk's all the time and know the owners and bartenders there well. in fact the only two places i'd go to during the pandemic were Happy Tap and Bonk's.

i always rode my bike there, and if there weren't a lot of people inside they'd let me bring my bike into the bar instead of locking it to the bench outside. solid bar with a good mix of good people, in my opinion.

dotcom-jillionaire t1_jdvoq0y wrote

i wouldn't say it's a straight up hipster bar but it's a cool spot and friendly to go to (despite its location). i didn't know they did shows so guess i'll be going back sooner than i thought

baldude69 t1_je0q2ml wrote

Bonks is pretty decent, and as my closest bar, I go relatively frequently. Decently priced and the food is actually pretty good for pub fare, offers a good spread of seafood like many of the neighborhood bars. Also like so many bars in the neighborhood, the vibe can be a little "off" sometimes depending on the night, the crowd, and crew working. Sometimes the music sucks and is way too loud, but overall it's a chill bar with good service and decent food