Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

BureaucraticHotboi t1_jc0iifl wrote

Yep! I take the bus from south to my job downtown almost every day. It’s relatively reliable and tho the sub is like two more blocks, and the bus gets snarled in traffic, it’s so much more orderly. Old dude got on with a big speaker in his cart playing soul music. Honestly it wasn’t even a bother cuz the music was good. But the bus driver stopped after two blocks with him playing it and was like “shut it off til you get off or you’re walking” and he did. Also in the days of mask mandates, we had a guy get on who didn’t want to put it on. Bus driver yelled at him and stopped. Everyone else just started screaming like “yo we don’t want to wear these either but we need to get to work dickhead” and he dropped whatever point he was tryna make real quick and took a mask from someone else

Ng3me t1_jc2gazv wrote

This is exactly why I don’t buy it when septa and transit police say “what can we do about smokers?” Ask your fucking bus drivers.

BureaucraticHotboi t1_jc4xhnp wrote

Literally. I doubt they talk to the drivers union or at least don’t listen to them. Because some active presence of anyone who gave a shit at subway stations or on the cars would quickly reduce the fuckery