Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

DrJJStroganoff t1_ixj7jm0 wrote

They are. It took a whole 2 stolen cars and stolen property before they made an arrest.

rovinchick t1_ixjc19b wrote

"Surveillance teams captured Johnson getting into the stolen car with a key and a debit card and two Apple watches taken from on N 18th Street."

It takes time to perform surveillance and gather enough evidence to get to the arrest warrant.

DrJJStroganoff t1_ixjcet0 wrote

Silly me. I thought you could run the plate any time he drives a stolen car. That surveillance would have taken a whole 1 cop cruiser hanging around his house

rovinchick t1_ixjd8c7 wrote

Definitely not a cruiser, it has to be covert. There is also a team dedicated to it, because you have to make sure it's documented with more than one witness. They also likely had to stake out the location for several days to catch him exiting with the stolen property. If only crime solving was so simple.

DrJJStroganoff t1_ixjedq8 wrote

Indeed. Your super sleuthing skills are going to waste here on Reddit. Please join the ppd, maybe then they could find my stolen car, or my dad's, or who mugged and pistol whipped my sister, or who broke into my house and killed my dog.

−12

rovinchick t1_ixjgxmm wrote

Maybe you could consider joining, since you think you could do such a better job!

clander270 t1_ixlyxcu wrote

Ehh, don't egg him on too much, we don't need any more "I am vengeance" cops shooting people on a hunch then wondering why everyone hates them

−1