Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

rossdowdell t1_j29ii0q wrote

Franks A-Lot. Reading Terminal.

The 2nd best thing I've ever put in my mouth.

ActionJawnson t1_j2a7h2r wrote

Mom?

rossdowdell t1_j2a9dy6 wrote

That is the 10th grade answer, yes.

I would say Jada Pinkett Smith, but then her husband would slap me and tell me to keep his wife out of my mouth.

I might just pass on answering altogether.

−12

PossibilityOrganic12 t1_j2cjxnh wrote

But they have all these flavored cornbreads, blueberry, banana, etc. I don't see plain cornbread on their menu

-ibgd t1_j29xtq7 wrote

Is this the southern place in the corner?

Nomad7612 t1_j29p0w1 wrote

Mike's BBQ

aintjoan t1_j29kzg2 wrote

Last time I was at South, the cornbread was still pretty solid. It's been a bit though.

DecentHuman t1_j2b3znn wrote

South, on north Broad.

You'll have to sit down to get it but I really cant type the words to properly express how good it is. Served in a cast iron with butter and a little honey drizzle. Truly divine.

worriedaboutlove t1_j2bi72b wrote

honestly, as a southerner, Sprouts makes a mean cornbread. just heat up and drizzle with honey. it satisfies me, and as I've posted before, I think Philly's soul food and/or southern food is severely lacking.

Past_Celebration7084 t1_j2af5r0 wrote

If you liked Warm Daddy’s cornbread and you don’t mind a drive up top, you can go to Relish. It’s a Soul food restaurant in West Oak lane.

Genkiotoko OP t1_j2ajypb wrote

Thanks for the tip. The cast iron skillet corn bread at Warm Daddy's was so good. One of the few closed restaurants I actually miss.

aintjoan t1_j2auzv7 wrote

I already commented with a recommendation for South, but in case you didn't know - the owners of South are the same people from Warmdaddy's. It's probably the same cornbread.

Genkiotoko OP t1_j2azni9 wrote

Oh, snap. Now I'm actually excited. Really, thanks!

aintjoan t1_j2b24ah wrote

Happy to help. We must be there for one another in the time of restaurant cravings

Chimpskibot t1_j29vfwd wrote

I like Zig Zag savory cornbread with Maple Miso Sumac butter.

SerakTheRigellian t1_j2c9whf wrote

Silk city makes an awesome honey jalapeño cornbread.

toests t1_j2a9uj6 wrote

Redcrest

fergy80 t1_j2apio3 wrote

They closed the chicken shop

toests t1_j2au7b4 wrote

They opened another location called Redcrest Kitchen https://www.redcrestfriedchicken.com/

fergy80 t1_j2ax34n wrote

Awesome. I thought they had a different menu all together. Did they just add the old menu back?

toests t1_j2b7r6q wrote

I'm not sure. I think they do the old menu for lunch and a more upscale menu for dinner

PhillyPanda t1_j2abju8 wrote

I liked Rex’s skillet cornbread a lot pre-move but I know they changed up their Mac n cheese and it’s not as good anymore so I’m hesitant to put my full seal of approval on it in the new location

Skylineviewz t1_j2acmeg wrote

Cornbread! Ain’t nothin wrong with that

shertuyo t1_j2a041n wrote

I like the cornbread from Long Shot BBQ (also the brisket and bread pudding)

shertuyo t1_j2a7dti wrote

After commenting, I ordered their cornbread for lunch. I overhyped it, I apologize. I am reducing their cornbread grade from an A to a B/B+. Though, the bread pudding remains an A+.

No-Track-627 t1_j2bg2sf wrote

Wishbone has a nice honey cornbread if you are going for a sweeter variation.

Desperate-Stop-42 t1_j2cxbbo wrote

JUST TO SERVE YOU in West Philly Relish or South (same cornbread as Warmdaddys)

gucci_hotdog t1_j2dn9lr wrote

Corn bread is really easy to make, if you dm I’ll give you an excellent recipe that’s simple to follow

monkeymaxx t1_j2ex9y2 wrote

This is actually quite easy to make, my go to recipe

Mcjibblies t1_j2c3wqc wrote

I mean…. “Hankering”… are you a true believer? Can you tell the difference?

Whole Foods sells something resembling cornbread that may be mean enough.

If your butt is fat and your cholesterol is high enough to tell the difference, youll understand that no place makes that in this city besides maybe a church outing.

Get yourself some soy lecithin. Get a muffin/cupcakes pan. Get yourself a corn muffin mix that comes in a bag, not a box. Use one egg.

Grease the spaces on that sheet with that soy like you’re trying to DJ Jazzy Jeff your girl’s mouth off.

Ladle the mix in like you’re playing chicken with your stones over a piranha tank. Bake. Butter. Bust.

−7