Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

cielorossa t1_j0po9jn wrote

Killadelphian t1_j0y8fgw wrote

Prisons and hard line policing are not the solution to crime. If they were USA would be safest country in the world

cielorossa t1_j0ywodn wrote

>Prisons and hard line policing are not the solution to crime. If they were USA would be safest country in the world

It is EASY to say this when you haven't been the victim of a heinous unprovoked crime. I have been assaulted in the El. My neighbors have been burglarized. My neighborhood's ATM is bombed repeatedly. Try raising children in that environment. I say throw all the VIOLENT low life criminals in jail - and ban guns permanently - (this will never happen).

Killadelphian t1_j0z2k9i wrote

I am literally born and raised Philadelphian. And yes I have been robbed multiple times. Locking everyone up perpetuates the problems we both experience. Raising the minimum wage would go further to reduce crime than any tough DA would

cielorossa t1_j0zxwxt wrote

That I agree with you 100 percent. Minimum wage and high quality education and free extracurricular activities for all youth. That being said, anyone reckless enough to bomb an ATM in a residential neighborhood or randomly shoot or harm innocent people needs to suffer consequences. It is not ok to hurt people.