Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

dingosongo t1_j2fah43 wrote

You can just keep a Key Card in your wallet? You get the $5 purchase price back when you link it to the app. Just load a few bucks on it for the infrequent times you may need to ride and you won't be paying for xfers.

CockercombeTuff t1_j2fj0co wrote

Perhaps you did not read my post? "As luck would have it, I couldn't find mine." Mine here refers to my key card.

Other cities allow transfers from bus to train or vice versa with cash. This isn't a crazy thing to expect. It shouldn't cost $10 for two people to go from Port Richmond to 5th and Market on SEPTA.

−20

dingosongo t1_j2fmj47 wrote

Do they? I guess. You didn't get the 1 free xfer for the last 28 years MTA required a Metrocard, if I recall, if you paid cash; I could be misremembering that though. I'm not here to say SEPTA is great - their communication su ks bad. But I think if you had your keycard linked to the SEPTA app now you could have used the scanner for the app, you wouldn't have needed your card and could pay for you and a guest. Or your guest could buy a keycard. It's what you had to do up to a year or so ago in Chicago as well.